2016 honda civic lx cvt, looking for some advice on small modifications

biblical2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX CVT
Hi there, I'm looking to add a few modifications to my civic (2016 CVT LX
2.0L I4 Natural Aspiration) but wanted to know if they would hurt the long term reliability of the car, but if not, what would be some good brands and sites to make sure I got the right fitting parts
1. I'd like to get a cold Air intake to replace factory air filter. I think this would be pretty mild and shouldn't hurt?
2. I'd like to replace the manifold as well to open up for the cold air intake, I'm more worried about this one
3. I'd like to get a new exhaust systems once again to open up the gas flow through out the whole engine.

I've thought about getting a turbo but from what I've read its probably not worth the hassle and problems it could cause, If I upgraded those three would I need to get any extra parts or tuning to make sure it stays reliable? Any advice would be appreciated, and parts for these three that are recommended would be nice as well. Thanks!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
I also have the 2.0l, and basically all there is for intakes is aem, and injen. Both are good brands, and won't hurt the motor long term.

For manifolds, you can swap in a k24 manifold, but it is not a direct fit and will require you to modify it as well as have a throttle body off of a j series. There is a member on here who has done this. Not me tho.
You can also just remove a tab that is just beyond the throttle body, it is there for smoothing the airflow.
There aren't any aftermarket manifolds out yet.

Rv6 is coming out with a down pipe soon, it is currently in beta.

Invidia has an exhaust out as well.

However, being a new car you should definitely get ktuner. You will be more than happy with it, and it is designed for keeping things like bolt ons safe for the motor.

Just be prepared for most of these to possibly void your warranty.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
I have aem intake and rv6p downpipe with a tune... It is definitely faster and Vtec is now at 5600rpm instead of
6100 rpm.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RV6P was free
Ktuner was $400
Tune was $280
Something to keep in mind about the Ktuner is that you can move it from Honda to Honda. It actually was one of the reasons why I purchased another Honda (I previously own a 2015 Honda Fit but I'm really a Subaru guy). The experience with having the cars tuned for modifications is really nice. It's why a Honda will most likely be my next vehicle of choice.
Sponsored