2016 Honda Civic EX wobbles at low speeds

fmursaline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex w/ sensing
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had this issue, and maybe get some advice on what to do.

I purchased a new 2016 Civic EX w/ sensing yesterday and I noticed a weird vibration at low speeds (under 60km). The vibration only happens when I am maintaining the same speed, decelerating, or coasting. If I accelerate, the vibration goes away.

The car also wobbles when I am coming to a stop, or if I am driving under 20km.

I called the dealership and they are giving me an appointment in one week. But people are telling me I should just return the car because it shouldn't be giving me problems already.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Sponsored

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
First thing i would do is check to see if your lug nuts are all tight.

Its probably a wheel weight that got thrown off and the tire is out of balance.Could be a bad tire as stated above.

skoub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe LX 2001
Country flag
I have the same problem with my car at low speed only. I thought that it was the road that caused this "wobble" effect. I then searched for a new paved road and the wobble is still there but more subtle. New week i will install my winter tire and see if the wobble is this there. If not, then we can conclude that is a tire balancement problem otherwise it will be a car problem.

OP
OP

fmursaline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex w/ sensing
I have the same problem with my car at low speed only. I thought that it was the road that caused this "wobble" effect. I then searched for a new paved road and the wobble is still there but more subtle. New week i will install my winter tire and see if the wobble is this there. If not, then we can conclude that is a tire balancement problem otherwise it will be a car problem.

Hi, im still having this issue, did the tire change help?

skoub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe LX 2001
Country flag
no, the problem is still there. So this is not a tire balancement problem. I don't have access to another car so i can't compare and see if it's the road or something else. Next time a go to my dealer, i will let them know.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so just went out to narrow down my wobbling problem, I replaced each tire with the spare to see if it would eliminate the wobble one at a time and no dice. it wobbles it's worst at 18mph. I also checked for play to see if it was a wheel bearing or tie rod issue and there was no play... could warped rotors be the cause even if it wobbles while driving (and not braking)? I'm never hard on my brakes but process of elimination is leaving me with little to work with, anything else I'm missing? shocks maybe?

l0p3s22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI Autobahn
Country flag
I don't remember but I think I have seen other threads on here where people say this is related to the CVT.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't remember but I think I have seen other threads on here where people say this is related to the CVT.
definitely not a CVT problem in my case, this just started happening for me, im at 40k

mymonkeyballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2018
Country flag
Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.
Seemed to start happening after my winter tires were put on but they checked the balancing a few times (it was off a little each time)

I found it was worse when the temperatures dropped below 0 especially in the mornings.
Hoping to get the summers back on soon so hopefully that'll fix the issue.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.
Seemed to start happening after my winter tires were put on but they checked the balancing a few times (it was off a little each time)

I found it was worse when the temperatures dropped below 0 especially in the mornings.
Hoping to get the summers back on soon so hopefully that'll fix the issue.
I'm hoping it's just tires, I'll be taking it in next week so they can check it out along with the CVT grind.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After tires have sat in the cold, they will develop flat spots, but after warming up, the wobble should go away. Also could be a bent wheel.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After tires have sat in the cold, they will develop flat spots, but after warming up, the wobble should go away. Also could be a bent wheel.
I daily drive mine in Texas so couldn't be flat spots, also I havent hit anything or had to replace any new tires that might cause damage to the wheel. im leaning toward an undetectable wheel bearing, rotors, shocks? I don't know, I'll update when I get it checked this weekend.

mymonkeyballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2018
Country flag
I'm hoping it's just tires, I'll be taking it in next week so they can check it out along with the CVT grind.
Unfortunately the TSB isn't out in Canada yet but I am planning on heading out to my dealership within the next week or so for some maintenance.
I'll inquire if they heard of anything like that - but hopefully the winter tires are the issue, I should have an update by next weekend!

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Yo same stuff happens to my car. When it first happened I thought oh shoot earthquake??? Lol but this has to be fixed asap!! Like I drive slow because I'm trying to get my mpg higher, but when I see other rice a roni macaronis, I drive fast like a Nascar, Nascar, nascar lol jp. Seriously though man we can't be going fast and it wobbles like that....ffffffffuuuuuuu!!!!
Sponsored