2016 Honda Civic EX-T Rattling Sound

GhostReacon21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Recently, I've been experiencing this strange rattling sound coming from my 2016 Honda Civic EX-T. It started about 3 to 4 months ago and has been going strong. I took it to Honda and they were unable to identify the root cause. I showed the guy this form and they asked me if I could pin point the sound and they'd look into fixing it... I can tell it's not the plastic in the center. When I got underneath the steering wheel on the floor near the pedal that's where I hear it coming from. Any thoughts on how to address?? I'm open to all suggestions. I will be taking it back to Honda sooner than later for them to review. It last for approximately 18 seconds or more when the rattling sound occurs, both when the car isn't moving and when I'm driving it. Both in cold and in heat. When I took it to the dealership, they didn't hear anything. After leaving the dealership, the sound vanished for a full day. The very next morning the sound returned. I checked to ensure that the battery was tightened as I recently had it replaced as well (its good). Not really sure what else it could be. Can you all provide some insights on how to possibly fix?
Sponsored

Last edited: