2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Transmission Acceleration Concern

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I did fill up my gas tank at Costco for a cheaper price at $0.58 cents a litre due to this outbreak.
The troubleshooter in me says, absent anything obvious to your eye, bad gas seems like a good place to start.

I suppose you could siphon it out; being careful not to screw up the EVAP stuff. Or you could just keep trying to dilute the (presumably) bad gas with known good gas from a reputable (and high volume) chain station. Or there's this stuff called 'dry gas' that you can add to gas to absorb water. I have no idea if this is safe for our cars. I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas. But I'm no expert at this at all. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.

Good luck with it. And sorry that happened.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic2016 LX 2.0l Automatic
Country flag
The troubleshooter in me says, absent anything obvious to your eye, bad gas seems like a good place to start.

I suppose you could siphon it out; being careful not to screw up the EVAP stuff. Or you could just keep trying to dilute the (presumably) bad gas with known good gas from a reputable (and high volume) chain station. Or there's this stuff called 'dry gas' that you can add to gas to absorb water. I have no idea if this is safe for our cars. I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas. But I'm no expert at this at all. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.

Good luck with it. And sorry that happened.
Thanks @shoegazer