Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
I'd actually like to see it WITHOUT the spoiler. I wonder if I will like it as much. Either way I am totally impressed by Honda cutting so much off the length, that was really unexpected. Now the question is how much weight did it lose? Is 100 LBS too much to hope for?
Sponsored

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
A little off topic but good question for dummies like me. So if it comes with 17's can I put 18's or 19's what does it do to performance etc? I don't want to have to change anything but rims. For coupe rims stock is pretty fugly.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
A little off topic but good question for dummies like me. So if it comes with 17's can I put 18's or 19's what does it do to performance etc? I don't want to have to change anything but rims. For coupe rims stock is pretty fugly.
Those will just increase the weight (make it slower) and it might corner better due to larger wheels needing wider tires and having less sidewall to flex. Current Si wheels are 29lbs each which are stupid heavy.

Looking at the pics, it has an LED 3rd brakelight mounted on the roof so the whole rear end is going to light up like a Christmas Tree when the brakes are applied.

The Coupe has been updated on Honda USAs Future Vehicles Page. Comes with optional wheels, spoiler but it's the Touring model. Should make a good mini GT car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Fun fact: the head of design saw your questions in this thread and was prepared :)

Any other questions not reflected in our Q&A and the press release? The first post has been updated with all this info.
Only thing I didn't get out of this is the timeline for releases- in particular the #TypeR!!!!

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
I'm actually kind of surprised at how usable the rear quarter glass panels appear to be. The rear seats as well, massive legroom increase. Bubble butt just needed a little spoiler and now it looks great. Bring on the Si!

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Only thing I didn't get out of this is the timeline for releases- in particular the #TypeR!!!!
Honda of course won't say at this point other than within the 18 month timeline they have been saying publicly.

BTW, if we haven't said it yet, the car really is attractive in person (and in photos)! Honda has a hit on their hands with both the coupe and sedan now.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Man that's a lot of unpainted plastic in the rear bumper. :(
Neat dual tone seat colors. Hope that's available on the red.
"LED overhead lighting" - nice. Why is this a coupe only thing?
Glad those spiderman wheels aren't stock coupe touring wheels. I got scared when I first saw them. I was hoping the coupe would have a nicer wheel than the lackluster sedan wheels though.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Okay, quick question for anyone who might possibly know. I know the Type R has been seen several times with three exhaust tips, two center exhaust tips separated by one odd smaller one it has appeared. So in looking at the rear of this coupe what the heck is in the center rear of the exhaust area? Looks a lot like a funny long skinny third exhaust tip but surely it is not. Attaching a photo, never noticed on the sedan but after seeing on the coupe I looked and see it is present on the sedan also. Just wondering what it is and what it's function is.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic COUPE Preview Event - CivicX Live Coverage upload_2015-11-17_21-3-28

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That is definitely not an exhaust opening. That split is clearly behind the two mufflers and if it was an exhaust, this vehicle would make illegal noises. Probably just how the metal was designed. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
^ That's just a suppport piece welded to both exhaust pipes.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Good to know, just looks funny in the photos, thanks!

You don't need mufflers on cars necessarily, you can run no mufflers at all and still be perfectly legal everywhere. The Fiat Abarth (I drive one now) has no mufflers at all and is legal everywhere. Sounds wonderful too. I quite enjoy my little monster exhaust lol, I hope the Si is not too quiet. Does not need to be loud, but I (and probably most sporting drivers who would like the Si) enjoy being able to hear the engine and exhaust at work when getting on it a little.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Thanks for the many photos, admin. I would love to see a photo with the back open and the seats down. I hoped that the back would hinge at the top of the rear glass and not the bottom. Now I'm unsure if I could get my bicycle in there easily or not.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thanks for the many photos, admin. I would love to see a photo with the back open and the seats down. I hoped that the back would hinge at the top of the rear glass and not the bottom. Now I'm unsure if I could get my bicycle in there easily or not.
If the top of the glass was hinged then it would be considered at hatchback and it's been clearly established on this forum for many months that the reveal for that might not be for a while... So I don't understand why you haven't given up your hopes yet...

On a side note, if I bought a Civic and planned to use it to carry my bike on a regular basis, I would invest in a bike rack instead of relying on the interior being large enough... Just so you know

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking from experience with my 9th gen coupe, a bike would probably fit in the trunk with the back seats down if you removered the front wheel of the bike. So it'd probably be the same for the 10th gen coupe as well.
Sponsored