Featured 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close!

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator
    Staff Member

CivicX Admin
    First Name:
    Admin
    Car(s):
    Honda
    #1 Administrator, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    We've just caught the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe up close for the first time!

Although much of the exterior remains camouflaged, we get a close look at the new roofline which carries down to a wider, lower, sportier and more aggressive look.

The interior is all-new -- showing vastly improved interior quality including aluminum accent pieces, leather stitching on the steering wheel and door panels, multi-color seats and contrast stitching on the seats. More luxury amenities including a large 8" wide nav screen (even bigger if measured diagonally), lane departure warning and forward collision alert.

The 2016 Civic coupe is expected to arrive in early 2016.

Civic Exposed_001.jpg Civic Exposed_002.jpg Civic Exposed_003.jpg Civic Exposed_004.jpg Civic Exposed_005.jpg Civic Exposed_006.jpg Civic Exposed_007.jpg Civic Exposed_008.jpg Civic Exposed_009.jpg Civic Exposed_010.jpg Civic Exposed_011.jpg Civic Exposed_012.jpg Civic Exposed_013.jpg Civic Exposed_014.jpg Civic Exposed_015.jpg

Brett Bynes, NorCalRider and Tuttle thanked this.
  2. nade shot

nade shot Member

Loving the shape of the coupe! Also really liking the two tone seats. Now come on and drop the camo!

3. Arjun

Arjun New Member

Car(s):
    Civic/Durango
    Interior looks quite nice but seems like like they did some tweaking the exterior image of the car..

4. 10thG

10thG Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    Nice big screen. Interior looks like it could be very nice quality and look.

What is that panel looking thing on the roof in the photo from the back?

5. Slickone

Slickone Senior Member

Car(s):
    Le Car
    Maybe it's the camo, but the back looks too small compared to the rest of the car. Haven't noticed that before.

6. randY49

randY49 Senior Member

Car(s):
    1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
    I don't see a fan speed control in the buttons under the screen. Are they moving that control to touch-only? That will bring ire from the auto journalists.

7. RobbJK88

RobbJK88 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
    Looking great so far. Glad to see more spy shots of the coupe finally. The interior looks even nicer here than in the previous sedan shots. Like the 2 tone seats, i wonder if the gray/ivory fabric seats will get the 2 tone treatment or if it'll be leather only feature.

The back end does look pinched, the trunk is alot narrower than the front of the car, but i think it's an optical illusion because of the taillight spoiler and the height of the trunk lid which bulges up at the top instead of being flat across the rear panels like the current car. No doubt a wing spoiler would look better.

Can't help but draw some comparisons to another of my favorite cars in general shape (and i'm quite pleased about that).

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 1.14.40 PM.png

8. Emina

Emina Senior Member

fr4
    Yea it looks pinched, is it missing the boomerang lights or just a lack of spoiler that's doing it? Can't figure it out.

9. Slickone

Slickone Senior Member

Car(s):
    Le Car
    Are you sure that's leather? I thought it was fabric, since it's textured. I hope the leather is smooth.

10. RobbJK88

RobbJK88 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):

That's leather, this is an EXL trim. The leather is perforated. If you look at the interior shots of the sedan you can tell the leather in places is perforated and not totally smooth. Possibly for ventilated front seats in the Touring???

11. s2ker

s2ker Senior Member

Car(s):
    AP1 S2000
    Already way better looking than the current model even with all that camo! I have hope the coupe is not too far away. At least this mule does not have the ILX grille.

12. RobbJK88

RobbJK88 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):

That's because this isn't necessarily a mule. It's a production version car. The coupe is only a few months later than the sedan which is coming out this october. The only reason the hatch has the ILX mule body is because it's still a year out and in early development. Honda has already finished, approved and started building the sedan and coupe to go on sale soon.

13. Slickone

Slickone Senior Member

Car(s):
    Le Car
    Ah well, crap. It just looks exactly like the textured fabric in a friend's older Maxima. And the Accord's leather is smooth, which looks more expensive and is easier to clean.

14. EmperorHondus

EmperorHondus Member

Car(s):
    2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
    I hope those metallic-looking pieces of trim are actually metal, not painted plastic. As for the Si models, I'd be grateful if they didn't have those i-VTEC stickers adorning the sides.

15. martyr

martyr Senior Member

Car(s):
    Boring Accord family hauler
    Great looking shape. Interior has me even more impressed than the outside. Looks like a top of the line touring model with the leather and other premium touches. We're getting close boys..