2016 Civic Touring Sedan vs. 2002 S2000

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
wait, so you bought a sedan and are now upset it doesn't meet the driving enthusiasm of a two seat roadster? Yeah, man, I totally hate it when I buy a minivan and the piece of crap doesnt handle like a corvette. total disappointment.
Love it...
Sponsored

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I got it with 90k miles probably 4 years ago. It's at 101k now. I don't drive it often, but what miles it gets are hard miles.

I've sunk too much money, well more than the value of the car itself into it since I've had it. New turbos, Intercoolers, exhaust, new OEM adjustable dampers, A/C loop is all new, cooling system replaced, lots of the leather interior bits, BOSE system ripped out for something that actually works, the normal 60k maintenance stuff, big injectors, dual intake through 2 MAFs and a Selin translator, ECU, clutch. She could use a real tune though no one around these parts will touch it. Gotta drive a few hours but it'll happen eventually. Needs a fresh coat of paint too, and that'll happen eventually as well.

Too much damn money... but after 5 of them, it's probably the last Z I'll ever have. Might as well do it all. And no... I won't sell it. Even though it doesn't get driven much and it doesn't have ONE SINGLE cupholder I know I'd regret it and end up having to get another. Its a 'hold on tight!' kind of experience.
Its a cool car for sure, I also like the 3000GT vr4 and Supra of the time.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
It's hard when your expectations of what you thought or wanted to car to do, don't like up to reality.

I've owned a LOT of cars, and honestly, the Civic might be the first that met or exceeded all my expectations. Every compromise it makes, gives it an advantage in another area. Example:

CVT responsiveness and "sportiness" = Better economy, nice low RPM relaxed cruising, always in exactly the right get, not jerky downshifts or hunting or torque converter slop.

Manual Transmission gives direct control, more responsive, more involved, fun = unrefined, jerky 1-2 shifts (even with a sequential manual like a motorcycle), tedious in traffic, can get tiresome at times. Lower fuel economy on most modern cars, since they are geared for performance more than economy and have a limited gear spread.

Numb steering/brakes = smooth and isolated highway cruising. Smoother on rough roads, less kickback.

Turbo lag, throttle response = excellent fuel economy, but great acceleration too. Just less direct.

Long wheel base, less number = more passenger and trunk space, more stable on the freeway, less affected by crosswinds.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Did you look into an SI? It doesn't have the road feel of my Prelude, but the handling is incredible and with KTuner, it has more than enough power.

TurnOne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI Autobahn, Civic Sedan Touring, JK Rubicon X
So hard not to want to bash you for talking crap about an awesome car (Civic) and desiring another awesome car, albeit overpriced now IMO (S2K).

Civic SI is a good reliable fun car with decent fuel economy. Rev hang is bothersome but maybe worth the value and reliability.

S2K have gone up or held steady in most markets. Sports car with limited availability. I've come close to buying one twice in my life, but never did. The dash is terrible IMO.

Older sports cars can get wasteful of time and money. Even when they run great, they don't have the modern tech features that I really value in vehicle that gets a lot of seat time.

Anyways, I'm hoping you get something you love and get a great deal on it.
Sponsored