Featured 2016 Civic Si available March 2016, Type-R info/preview at 2016 Geneva Motor Show?

1. MeGustaVtec

MeGustaVtec Member

Car(s):
    None
    HondaProJason says the 2016 Civic Si "should be here March 2016" and that we may get more info and/or a possible look at the 2017 Type-R at next year's Geneva auto show (starts March 3, 2016)

rd1ofakind, FlorinCrisan32 and benjaminh thanked this.
  2. Pkcivic

Pkcivic Member

Car(s):
    2015 Civic
    I really have my fingers crossed that we find out something at the SEMA show in November. Specs would be best but just some pics of the coupe and sedan SI would do. Can't wait until March on the lots.

rd1ofakind and Shralper thanked this.
  3. hothatchi

hothatchi Senior Member

Car(s):
    Golf Mark5
    That's not far away at all. But assuming there is both an Si coupe and sedan coming, would they launch together in March? Have they always launched at the same time in the past?

4. disco13

disco13 Member

Car(s):
    '01 accord v6
    Any word on the Si being offered in hatchback form?

5. firsthonda

firsthonda Senior Member

Car(s):
    g6
    That's when I was thinking, March. I feel like they need to start giving us information. Am going to be patient on which model I get but I know some body is going to buy a 1.5t in November and then find out like December that the Si will be offered in DCT and really kick themselves for not waiting. imo

6. firsthonda

firsthonda Senior Member

Car(s):
    g6
    Not that I heard but Si needs to be on all three body styles in manual and auto this time around imo!

7. firsthonda

firsthonda Senior Member

Car(s):
    g6
    And if the Si club gets mad because now there is a auto then maybe they need to upgrade to the type r club ha

8. Emina

Emina Senior Member

Now that they are bringing the Type R to the states, I think they should do an all US reveal and debut. Don't let the new Focus RS get all the headlines here.

9. HondaPro

HondaPro Senior Member

Sales
    Car(s):
    2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
    Normaly the Si sedan gets released when the sedan is released and the coupe Si with the standard coupe. I had seen the 1st Focus RS comercial yesterday during the OSU football game. I know it has good power but still its a Ford. I heard a 3yr old ST rattling like the turd a few days ago.. I have been driving Hondas for 20yrs now dont plan to change now.. LOL.. Cant wait for the next 20 years of problem free Honda ownership.

10. 05 Si

05 Si Senior Member

Car(s):
    05 Si Coupe
    Nobody knows yet if there'll be an Si hatchback, but most expect both the coupe and sedan at least. And yea if they made it in all 3 body styles and with both auto and manual transmission, it'd be the best selling Si model ever. Actually it may be the best selling one even without a hatchback and auto transmission.

11. 05 Si

05 Si Senior Member

Car(s):
    05 Si Coupe
    I was thinking too how it was weird they didn't launch the Si sedan with the sedan release. Wonder why they didn't. Unless there won't be an Si sedan this time around...?

Ford's design and quality are up big from the past but it's still no Honda if you want reliability. Personally I don't are how fast or hot my car is if I have to worry about reliability issues regularly.

12. G26okie

G26okie Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
    That is one of the reasons I got my accord and will continue to buy Honda now. Their cars just feel solid. My accord is a 2010 with 95k miles and it drives/feels exactly how it did when I bought it.

Brett Bynes thanked this.
  13. Whoosh

Whoosh Senior Member

Car(s):
    FJ Cruiser
    I don't think we've seen any Si prototypes spied though. Will we really see it in dealers in 4-5 months?

14. JIM

JIM Member

Car(s):
    acura rdx
    We have customers trade their Focuses in on Civics all the time and you always get the same answer from them. The Focus is not built by Honda. Rattle traps and shoddy cheap workmanship and parts.

15. firsthonda

firsthonda Senior Member

Car(s):
    g6
    I have owned two Chryslers when I was a kid one ford and three gm cars. I can tell you that Honda and Toyota are the only two brands I will consider again. Well maybe Tesla when they are affordable.