CDavis104

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I am working on a project that is requiring me to power and adapt a 2016 civic stereo into a portable bench kit. I have it mostly done, with lack of steering wheel controls (if anyone would know how to do that, I would appreciate input) and one little problem. When I enter the radios menus an issue arises where what I need to access is grayed out. I click on the title and it tells me vehicle is in motion. Is there a way to bypass this in the basic factory wiring for this radio?
Sponsored

OP
OP

CDavis104

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
No
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Is it possible to create something to replicate the CAN signal? Maybe using something like an Arduino? Is it likely that the CAN would also be needed for steering wheel controls?
If you can find the specs, you probably could. Good luck!

OP
OP

CDavis104

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
No

If you can find the specs, you probably could. Good luck!
So am I out of luck altogether, or is there a way to get the radio to let me access the menus without going through all of the steps to replicate the CAN? I have it powered, audio is working just fine, my mic should be able to work without issues so I just need to be able to pair and delete devices. Was really hoping for a simple solution but its looking like that won't be the case.

OP
OP

CDavis104

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I can see the VSP input. I hoped it would be as simple as grounding it out, or grounding to a switch, but it doesn't seem so. It still thinks its in motion while it sits on my desk...
Sponsored