2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install

RocketsAllDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport | 2006 Saabaru
That Metra wiring harness adapter also instructs for you to plug the power for the rear camera into a 12V source, but I checked the voltage the factory HU sends to the camera. It's only 8V at all times, whether the camera is being displayed or not. Anyone else have concerns of continuously putting the camera in an overvoltage situation?

My HU only has the basic functions connected currently. When I finish the job, I was going to get the wiring diagrams and find a close place to tap into the reverse and tail light circuits. I'll share anything I find here.
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
The different views are generated by the camera itself. When the camera receives a signal on the CAMERA_BIT0 or CAMERA_BIT1 lines from the factory harness, it modifies the signal. It's not a 12V signal, though. I think it's like 4V. With no signal on either, you get the normal view.
Well I'll be damned. Good info there!

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
Gents, the deed is done. And I gotta say it is slick. Wiring to the reverse lights and the brake lights for the backup cam and illumination worked perfectly. I used Posi-Taps. all the wires in the rear lights have 1 black and 1 color, I just went with the color wire and it was the correct one on both. My advice is to route your cable through the drivers side as you can access the tail light grommet through where the jack is. Anyway I hope this helps anyone wanting to make the leap.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install 3pSz7jE

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install gAewOtO

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Kenwood Audio Receiver Install ktxRaZf

compcrasher86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2001 BMW 330i 5spd, 1997 Mazda Miata 5spd
Country flag
Gents, the deed is done. And I gotta say it is slick. Wiring to the reverse lights and the brake lights for the backup cam and illumination worked perfectly. I used Posi-Taps. all the wires in the rear lights have 1 black and 1 color, I just went with the color wire and it was the correct one on both. My advice is to route your cable through the drivers side as you can access the tail light grommet through where the jack is. Anyway I hope this helps anyone wanting to make the leap.
Hey that headunit looks great, thats the one I was looking at getting because it almost looks like it could be a factory/OEM unit and not one of the flashy ones. Hows the fit in the bezel? It looks like the headunit is a bit recessed and I'm wondering how access to the volume knob is. Having that volume knob was a big selling point for me.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
That low key Sony unit looks good. Understated = better. Too many aftermarket units look like cheesy bling fests. Nice choice.

Aebm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Well the professionals did a good job getting the radio working correctly including the controls for the up, down, left right and source. The only problem I had trouble with is that the dash kit has to be modified in order to take the face off and put it back on correctly. So the guy at custom sounds is working on doing that for me since I ordered a 2nd dash kit on accident anyways.

Other than that they had to flash the steering wheel controller a few times to get it to start working correctly. Everything works well including Apple car play!

Love it!!!

radio.jpg
Hello, sorry for bringing this back, but I haven't been able to make the Metra adaptor for the wheel controls work in my LX.
I too have this Pioneer 4200nex and I'm pretty frustrated not been able to use this adaptor, any tips or ideas? Thanks so much.

RocketsAllDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport | 2006 Saabaru
Hello, sorry for bringing this back, but I haven't been able to make the Metra adaptor for the wheel controls work in my LX.
I too have this Pioneer 4200nex and I'm pretty frustrated not been able to use this adaptor, any tips or ideas? Thanks so much.
I haven't messed with it yet, but if you get an OTG USB adapter, you can plug an Android/iOS device into the ASWC-1 to update and program it from the app.

Deleted member 3091

When I got this completed by custom sounds. The guy had to flash the settings at least 5 times with the settings to make it work. Make sure you are using Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface. I got mine from:

https://www.amazon.com/Axxess-ASWC-...rd_wg=Hggjn&psc=1&refRID=BCMAXZ7C7CAZ6Y508KKN

I would make sure that you have it installed correctly and re flash it again

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
How reliable are those adapter things that let you keep functionality of the steering wheel controls? I mean long term.

Aebm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
When I got this completed by custom sounds. The guy had to flash the settings at least 5 times with the settings to make it work. Make sure you are using Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface. I got mine from:

https://www.amazon.com/Axxess-ASWC-...rd_wg=Hggjn&psc=1&refRID=BCMAXZ7C7CAZ6Y508KKN

I would make sure that you have it installed correctly and re flash it again
Thanks, yes That's the exact model I bought also from Amazon, I had it installed by a professional shop, but I'm not sure if this guy tried those five times or only a couple of times to make it work, it only shows signs when pressing hang up button (wich only switch to Pandora) But I'll try again taking the car to the shop tomorrow and see what might be wrong, Also, they used another adaptor but the same, nothing.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How reliable are those adapter things that let you keep functionality of the steering wheel controls? I mean long term.
I have had a Metra unit in my WRX for a few years and it has worked flawlessly.

Aebm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have had a Metra unit in my WRX for a few years and it has worked flawlessly.
Yes, I think once you make these "work" they are reliable units, but that seems to be also luck, I hope my adaptor works in the next reprogramming attempts, I may even try it myself tomorrow.
Anyone remembers what is the pin number cable that has to be connected besides the 3.5 jack in our LXs?
After double checking that all wires are ok I'll try to do that manual reprogramming...
Thanks!!

thump3r22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback Lx CVT
Country flag
I'm kind of a "basshead" should i put in a radio or subs first?? hard for me to decide.

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
Hey that headunit looks great, thats the one I was looking at getting because it almost looks like it could be a factory/OEM unit and not one of the flashy ones. Hows the fit in the bezel? It looks like the headunit is a bit recessed and I'm wondering how access to the volume knob is. Having that volume knob was a big selling point for me.
The screen is about a half inch recessed, the knob is maybe 2mm or so recessed, its not bad i haven't had any issues using it without a thought. Even random passengers have used the knob with success and it wasn't odd enough for them to mention it to me or anything.

That low key Sony unit looks good. Understated = better. Too many aftermarket units look like cheesy bling fests. Nice choice.
Same thought here. I was originally going for a pioneer until I saw that this sony existed. IMO it looks even better than factory yet at the same time it looks OEM. I hope it means most people who glance in wont try to break in and steal it.
Sponsored