2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Decided to ditch a projector retrofit (for now) and bit the bullet on the XB headlights. Now we just wait for delivery :)
Ah I almost wanted to get the OEM+ version, but went with the Retro-Quik Morimoto retrofit instead. Couldn't pass up the full kit with bulb holders with the Cyber Monday sale. I don't even own the Si yet :eek:.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Decided to ditch a projector retrofit (for now) and bit the bullet on the XB headlights. Now we just wait for delivery :)
the waiting game indeed. bought on friday still processing lol. they said they got 10k+ orders to fulfill so lets wait.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the retro-quik kit on my civic
Also made it quad look

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive had it for almost a year now. I just found this thread.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS 20181004_192152

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man... It's nice to see all these retrofiters in the Civic scene finally. There was only about 3 of us on here for a very long time.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
2Stroke 2.0 is in. Initial thoughts:

- Slaughters halogen
- Best performing LED bulb for our projector
- Suffers from excessive foreground like all LED drop-in, but distributes light well throughout the balance of the beam and good output at the cutoff which translates to distance
- Poor width due entirely to the poor width of our stock projector to begin with
- My lights are aimed too high
- Colour match with DRL is as follows: when our LED DRL dim for headlight function, they warm up just a smidge. At full brightness, the DRL would be the exact same colour as these 2S2's. OEM Touring reflector LED low beam are also slightly cooler than the dimmed DRL, but it's negligible.

For me, I'm still not sure I see a reason to get these (or any LED drop-in for that matter) over HID. These are more of a showcase of the insane levels of brightness that they can now in achieve in a remarkably small package, but you're always going to be limited by the optic you put the bulb in.

Cannot conceivably rank Depo's trash output ahead of these, so...

HID projector swap retrofit
TRS Morimoto/Coplus XB LED ($1,280 - similar performance to OEM LED but with sharp cutoff and no glare)
OEM Touring (price varies)
Stock halogen with HID drop-in (~$150 or less)
Stock halogen with top tier drop-in LED bulb (DD SL1 or Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0)
TRS OEM+ replica with sequential (~$500)
Depo OEM replica (~$500)
Stock halogen with decent drop-in LED bulb
Stock halogen
Stock halogen with poor drop-in LED bulb (Cougar, etc.)

Not sure how much XB will outperform this, if at all. Likely less foreground. They should be here soon.

Last edited:

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2Stroke 2.0 is in. Initial thoughts:

- Slaughters halogen
- Best performing LED bulb for our projector
- Suffers from excessive foreground like all LED drop-in, but distributes light well throughout the balance of the beam and good output at the cutoff which translates to distance
- Poor width due entirely to the poor width of our stock projector to begin with
- My lights are aimed too high
- Colour match with DRL is as follows: when our LED DRL dim for headlight function, they warm up just a smidge. At full brightness, the DRL would be the exact same colour as these 2S2's. OEM Touring reflector LED low beam are also slighter cooler than the dimmed DRL, but it's negligible.

For me, I'm still not sure I see a reason to get these (or any LED drop-in for that matter) over HID. These are more of a showcase of the insane levels of brightness that they can now in achieve in a remarkably small package, but you're always going to be limited by the optic you put the bulb in.

Cannot conceivably rank Depo's trash output ahead of these, so...

HID projector swap retrofit
TRS Morimoto/Coplus XB LED ($1,280 - similar performance to OEM LED but with sharp cutoff and no glare)
OEM Touring (price varies)
Stock halogen with HID drop-in (~$150 or less)
Stock halogen with top tier drop-in LED bulb (DD SL1 or Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0)
TRS OEM+ replica with sequential (~$500)
Depo OEM replica (~$500)
Stock halogen with decent drop-in LED bulb
Stock halogen
Stock halogen with poor drop-in LED bulb (Cougar, etc.)

Not sure how much XB will outperform this, if at all. Likely less foreground. They should be here soon.
Awww no pics? D:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the coplus headlights, i heard there are issues on raising the aim?
Some guy forced theirs and ended up breaking the knob

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
9 days later, my xb led headlight order from TRS is still processing.
Sponsored