2016+ Civic Led Projector Headlight from TRS

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
I'm not even sure they have stock of them yet. Might be a while.
Sponsored

OP
OP
yamin1021

yamin1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
Man... It's nice to see all these retrofiters in the Civic scene finally. There was only about 3 of us on here for a very long time.
Thank you, I started retrofit by following your post.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, forget about OEM+ reflector or projector headlights, D2s 5.0 just dropped.

Screenshot_20181205-231736.jpg

Screenshot_20181205-231817.jpg
Complete with the new bulb holder design too! I just put my D2S Mini 4.0 into my JDM housings in my WRX. These look like a pretty nice upgrade from 4.0. I kind of wanted to get new lamps because my 4.0 cut off solenoids don't work.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
anybody TRS orders ship out? 2 weeks and still says processing.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Why is D2S 5.0 dropping the difference maker lol. The shittiest HID retro would wreck any LED drop-in or OEM replica we're talking about here... is anybody saying seriously saying to themselves, "5.0? Oh shit now I have reason to not buy those shitty OEM+..."

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I did, and apparently they screwed up my order... so they're getting shipped out today. So he claims. Canada... so god knows when I get them cause there's a big postage strike up here.
Dang. Well thanks for keeping us posted. There's a group of us here anxious to see how these headlights perform.

I just finished installing MH1 7.0s in my wife's Ford Explorer (3rd time performing an MH1 retro) and they are beautiful. So I'm torn between whether to purchase these Morimoto LED housings for my Touring, or trade them for OEM halogen projector housings and perform a 4th retro. Love the aesthetics of the Touring lights, especially the turn signals but not the beam pattern. Tired of getting flashed.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Dang. Well thanks for keeping us posted. There's a group of us here anxious to see how these headlights perform.

I just finished installing MH1 7.0s in my wife's Ford Explorer (3rd time performing an MH1 retro) and they are beautiful. So I'm torn between whether to purchase these Morimoto LED housings for my Touring, or trade them for OEM halogen projector housings and perform a 4th retro. Love the aesthetics of the Touring lights, especially the turn signals but not the beam pattern. Tired of getting flashed.
I bought the MH1 retro kit during Black Friday. Can't wait to install them when I get an Si in the spring.

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I bought the MH1 retro kit during Black Friday. Can't wait to install them when I get an Si in the spring.
My advice to you is to take your time with the retro. Take the extra step to mount them in your car while the lenses are still separated from the housings. Aim them, level them. Make sure the hotspot is perfect by rotating the bulbs while lit - they rotate very slightly with the motoholders loosened (highly recommend the motoholders) as bulb position enhances the cutoff including blue area. Once aligned, I went for a test drive with the lenses still off since it was a dry night, little to no traffic. Make sure the step ups begin stepping up at the center line of the road. Then reinstall the lenses and place back in the oven. Purchase a digital oven thermometer that you can monitor with your oven closed... my oven fluctuated temperature by 90F at times! Reinstall your sealed headlight housings and double-check your alignment, making any necessary incremental adjustments. It may cost you an extra day without your car, but you'll thank yourself down the road.
Sponsored

Last edited: