2016 Civic interior rattle videos

1. Dead Pool1

Dead Pool1 Senior Member

Process Engineering
    Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
    Ive
    got to say that sounds like crap. My touring does not have this sound nor would I feel comfortable with it. Keep posting.

2. hondasevilmonkey

hondasevilmonkey Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring
    Don't be suprised if Honda fixes your issues with court-proof excuse. It's called "It's just the characteristics of the car" (aka. "It is what it is now f**k off") and Honda has fixing issues with this excuse for years now. They fixed my issues with it. Wonder if they will fix yours with it too....lol. Oh and don't bother fighting that new Honda fix...you will lose. It's been tried and tested true in courts. Just thought you'd know.

3. WOPcivic

WOPcivic Senior Member

Car(s):
    WOP Civic X Touring
    I have a rattle similar to these while driving as well, try reaching your hand in under your steering wheel at the very bottom and shift the cables around a bit. That temporarily fixes my problem at least, maybe it could help too.

hondasevilmonkey thanked this.
  4. Civicx2016

Civicx2016 Member

Car(s):
    car
    these are both driver side floor vent rattles try pushing or pulling on it with your right hand one you figure out where it is it goes away the pipe rattles all the way to the center dash

5. CivicChina

CivicChina Senior Member

Designer
    Car(s):
    Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
    i have a noise from the dashboard trim left of steering wheel on cold days,it stops if i press on it but comes back soon. i will fix it when i have time, its just the thin silver part of the profile that vibrates against the other piece

6. NooKieBoY

NooKieBoY New Member

Car(s):
    Kia Sportage, 2017 Honda Civic EX
    I'm hearing the exact same thing when pressing the gas pedal and accelerating, hope to get more information if yours was fixed. Thanks!

7. FK7_VAN

FK7_VAN Member

Car(s):
    17' Civic Hatchback EX
    Have this exact same noise and even have videos. Usually does it when accelerating even if I rev the car a bit while I'm stopped.
    Took it to the dealer for this and because it vibrates a bit on idle and they did nothing about it since they couldn't duplicate it.

8. lonnie_elliott

First Name:
    Lonnie
    Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX
    Got it! I had the same buzzing noise happening in my 2016 EX for about a year now. The hum sounded like it was coming from the center pillar. It would happen between 1700 and 1800 in drive and I could get it to do it around 2700 in park. Took it to Honda 3 times and they said it was because of a pair of glasses sitting in the center console… Well, no that wasn’t the issue. Anyway, it was the bracket for the shift cable underneath the car that vibrated against the floor making it sound like it came from inside. The bracket is directly below the center column. I had to pull the plastic shield and the heat shield to get to it. When I found the bracket, it was missing a nut at the U-shaped end of it. I added a nut for the bolt there. The cable has rubber insulation where the clamp is supposed to hold it. However, there is no insulation for the small metal piece in between. I taped that part up a little in case somehow the clamp shifted. Also, the clamp part of it that holds the cable has nothing holding it tight yet there’s clearly a spot to add something, so I found a short bolt and nut I had laying around. Put all the shields back up nice and tight and I haven’t had a problem since. I fixed it about a week ago and I haven’t heard anything. Hope this helps someone out there!
    shift cable bracket 2.jpg shift cable bracket.jpg

9. CivicChina

CivicChina Senior Member

Designer
    Car(s):
    Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
    A pillars-----> stick a namecard between pillar and dash----->done until next service