CMBcivic

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I purchased a Civic that had been in a minor accident....and I mean minor. It looks like they hit a short pole pulling into a parking space a little hot. No frame damage, but it was hard enough to crack the "plastic" radiator support. Fortunately I have a lot of tools, so $2500 in parts later and she's on the road. Now my problem. I marked everything...at least I thought I did. I have one connector that for the life if me I CAN NOT find where it goes. It's on the harness that connects to the cooling fans. There are only four lines that come our of that harness. 1 - sensor on the lower passenger side of the radiator, 2 & 3 to the cooling fan...the illusive #4...can't find it. I went to the Honda dealership and they were NO HELP. I about dropped my teeth. I said you mean to tell me you can't look at it on the computer and tell me...he said well, I've pulled it up, but we got a new system and these darn pictures aint real clear so I dunno. I said have you ever worked on a Honda? Oh yeah man. I've worked here for 16 years and Joe over there for 25. Well, either of you guys worked on Civics? Yeah, yeah plenty of them. Well, you think you might could at least take a look under the hood of one of the new ones out on the lot and maybe that would give you a clue of where it would go? It might but we aint got no 2016's. That cars 3 years old now. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to throat punch him or go out to a bar a drink....and I don't drink! So...anyone here think they might have a clue? The one thing he is right about...the diagrams I have found on line suck and are not very descriptive. Oh...no, it's not throwing any codes, over heating, doing anything stupid, drives great.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
hood latch sensor (for the alarm), maybe?
I believe the hood sensor is not wired up in a Fail Alarm way.
ie if the sensor is disconnected, the system thinks the hood is closed, and all is OK.

If you cut the lead, then the system still thinks the hood is closed, even when you open it, when trying to steal the car !!! Does not make sense to me !!

Anyway :-

If the connector is the hood sensor plug, it plugs into a socket that is part of the hood catch assembly, the thing you have to slide across to fully lift up the hood.