2016 Civic EX ACC

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Hi, I'm totally new for ACC feature in cars, and I was liking it so far BUT is the ACC not working in city streets?

My experience with it when I locked the speed let say 45mph and I'm approaching a red light with cars already stopped my ACC icon not showing car and it wont hit the brake (happen twice so far). Is this normal or it is a malfunction ACC needs dealer touch?

Thanks in advance
Mike A
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why you do not rely on technology. Remember the person killed in a Tesla? That should be a good example.

Anyways, regarding your question, Honda Sensing (aka ACC) tends to rely on many factors. If the road conditions are bad, or if the weather is bad, or if any of the sensors are dirty, it can throw off the system and not work properly. That's just a fact with anything computerized with many sensors. As for your situation, it is hard to narrow down whether the ACC should have worked or not. Mine works fine, but was your car coming around a bend? Was it raining? Was it dark outside? There are too many factors to consider, even ones that you and I probably don't know.

I wouldn't recommend using ACC in the city anyways, try it on a highway or Interstate where you have more room to work with. The thought probably sounds nice to use ACC at all time but in the city you risk certain situations like your own because of going slower.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Thanks for valuable answer my question came by because I Just rented this car for about 6 days and about three days ago I saw couple of messages in the unit head about couple malfunction like ACC, tire pressure, CBM, anti-brake ..etc then they just disappeared next day. that made me worry a little bit about it
Sponsored