micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue on a 1.5T? I was on the autobahn going ~160kph and my engine just cut off. No acceleration response from throttle at all and I checked my transmission to make sure I was still in D. I did notice however that the mpg bar was still reacting to throttle even though the my civic wasn't accelerating. Managed to pull over safely and turned off the car. When I tried to start again, the car wouldn't start and there was a noticeable shudder coming from under the hood. I waited a few more seconds and it started. This is a huge concern to me especially traveling on the autobahn..

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
That could maybe be because you were going 160 km/h in a civic lol. This issue didn't effect the 1.5 and it would probably happen before going 160 km/h as well.

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That could maybe be because you were going 160 km/h in a civic lol. This issue didn't effect the 1.5 and it would probably happen before going 160 km/h as well.
Well this could be logical but I've gone a lot faster than 160 km/h. My wife says it's happened to her before but she was only going 25 km/h over a speedbump. So in total there have only been 2 occurances thus far.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Well this could be logical but I've gone a lot faster than 160 km/h. My wife says it's happened to her before but she was only going 25 km/h over a speedbump. So in total there have only been 2 occurances thus far.
Based on your 2 episodes, check for a loose wire/connector. A few members have had issues with loose battery clamps. Doubt the issue was speed related, more likely a bump or vibration.

appleseedb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic TCP
Has anyone had this issue on a 1.5T? I was on the autobahn going ~160kph and my engine just cut off. No acceleration response from throttle at all and I checked my transmission to make sure I was still in D. I did notice however that the mpg bar was still reacting to throttle even though the my civic wasn't accelerating. Managed to pull over safely and turned off the car. When I tried to start again, the car wouldn't start and there was a noticeable shudder coming from under the hood. I waited a few more seconds and it started. This is a huge concern to me especially traveling on the autobahn..
i've experienced this twice with my 1.5T, bought end of last month. Once was a week after got it, 2nd time was last night while driving at around 75kmph suddenly throttle not responding and speed drop to about 20kmph in few secs. i will bring the car to dealer tomorrow. did you get yours fixed? what was the problem?

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i've experienced this twice with my 1.5T, bought end of last month. Once was a week after got it, 2nd time was last night while driving at around 75kmph suddenly throttle not responding and speed drop to about 20kmph in few secs. i will bring the car to dealer tomorrow. did you get yours fixed? what was the problem?
I haven't had it fixed yet since I can't pinpoint the exact reason nor can I replicate the issue. Do you happen to have any HIDs installed?

appleseedb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic TCP
I haven't had it fixed yet since I can't pinpoint the exact reason nor can I replicate the issue. Do you happen to have any HIDs installed?
mine came with led.. any relation to the issue? i also faced intermittent electrical/electronic issue before - brake light won't off, side mirror won't fold..

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hi community members, this thread was so rich about the 2.0 liter engine recall, now, no recent posts have been written since december 2016. So it means that the problem was totally solved by Honda in the recent vehicules produced after February 2016 (date of the incident) ? Thank you in advance ;)
My car was fixed and I have yet to see any issues so far

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice to hear it ! So the engines manufactured after that incident will be more reliable ? There is no doubt that Honda has stepped up their game in quality control field. Because i will purchase a new Civic 10th Gen and it's available only in 2.0 liter engine version, so i'm a bit confused, especially after hearing that it suffers from some high risk problems ... Thank you ;)
Just to point out, my car was part of the 2.0 NA piston snap ring recall, and to my knowledge it was a preventative recall - i.e., Honda didn't find any such cases in North America after completing their inspections. So not to toot Honda's horn or anything but I think their engines are and will continue to be pretty damned reliable.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Really, even a single civic wasn't suffering from this manufacturing error in U.S ? I've heard that many thousands of vehicules were recalled in U.S and Canada !? Bit confused ...:hmm:
They recall all the cars that "could" have been subject to this problem (that they can't prove from their records don't have it) during the time when they didn't properly execute their process to prevent this problem--a manufacturing error that was, apparently, getting caught but the problem sub-assemblies were not getting handled correctly once identified. It was only occurring in one plant making that engine. It was not some generic problem with properly built engines. Once the process is fixed and improved, what's to worry about this problem in new engines?!?

I don't think we know how many problems were found in cars where this was performed. We do know that, as of July 28th, they'd completed the recall (or removed destroyed cars) on 41,027 of 42,129 vehicles total. I bet the number that were found with problems that required more than inspection was no more than single digits, but that's a guess. Nobody has reported a problem found in their vehicles in this forum, IIRC.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If this is true, it's probably a stop sale, which is different than a recall. I'd still really like to know what it was about.
If what is true? Like to know what "what" was about?

A safety recall of vehicles where some are unsold (somewhere between the factory door and customer possession) creates a Stop Sale condition for those unsold vehicles. It's the law. This recall did create a stop sale condition for many vehicles. A stop sale does not necessarily imply a recall. (Say they were forgetting to put the bag of floor mats in the trunk.) A recall, if vehicles are unsold, implies a stop sale.

This recall is not some rumored, unclear, or possibly untrue thing. It happened and is very well documented both here and in public filings available on the NHTSA web site.
Sponsored