ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Based on the service write-up this is definitely an inspection with no problems found, so it seems your car is good, nothing to worry about.

It seems like you had a simple break-down in verbal communication, it happens. I would call them to confirm and clarify what they told you though just to be sure..
I ended up having to call anyway because I noticed they turned off my infotainment center and when I went to turn it on this morning it won't turn on now :(
Sponsored

ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
So i just got off the phone with the manager and he said they were opening the oil pans to check to make sure the snap ring was there. He said mine was so all was good (not sure what other guy was talking about). He did say they replaced all of my oil (obviously since they took pan off) but did not reset my oil life since the filter wasn't changed. I asked if I should reset it or just keep it and he said it was up to me but that they advise their mechanics to not reset unless it is a full oil and filter change. What does everyone think? Should I reset it or keep it? I am at 60% left.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up having to call anyway because I noticed they turned off my infotainment center and when I went to turn it on this morning it won't turn on now :(
Interesting, sorry to hear that.. They would have had to disconnect the car battery as the first step in the recall inspection process, but had they not reconnected it nothing would work, not just the infotainment unit. It is possible that the fuse that it runs on blew, hard to say why it would (it shouldn't have from just this inspection). Hope they can sort it out for you with no further issues.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
So i just got off the phone with the manager and he said they were opening the oil pans to check to make sure the snap ring was there. He said mine was so all was good (not sure what other guy was talking about). He did say they replaced all of my oil (obviously since they took pan off) but did not reset my oil life since the filter wasn't changed. I asked if I should reset it or just keep it and he said it was up to me but that they advise their mechanics to not reset unless it is a full oil and filter change. What does everyone think? Should I reset it or keep it? I am at 60% left.
My thought is that since the owner's manual indicates that the oil filter is supposed to be changed only every other oil change, the MM should be reset. Did you ask why the MM SHOULDN'T be reset, considering that the owner's manual indicates that the oil filter is supposed to be changed only every other oil change?

ja_rubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Interesting, sorry to hear that.. They would have had to disconnect the car battery as the first step in the recall inspection process, but had they not reconnected it nothing would work, not just the infotainment unit. It is possible that the fuse that it runs on blew, hard to say why it would (it shouldn't have from just this inspection). Hope they can sort it out for you with no further issues.
It's is weird because I can listen to music and everything with using the tiny screen near speedometer but the infotainment doesnt show anything...it appears a backlight goes on but the screen is not there. Tried turning it on and off and also the brightness button on top but nothing :(
My thought is that since the owner's manual indicates that the oil filter is supposed to be changed only every other oil change, the MM should be reset. Did you ask why the MM SHOULDN'T be reset, considering that the owner's manual indicates that the oil filter is supposed to be changed only every other oil change?
I did ask him and even brought up that the manual indicates that the oil filter was supposed to be changed every other time and he stated "they change the filter everytime" and that "it didn't say that in the manual." Im assuming this is something new with Civics to where he didn't read up on it yet. If it says to not change and this would be my first oil change on it I will reset it then :)

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Should I reset it or keep it? I am at 60% left.
I would not reset it. Keeps everything besides the oil on schedule. So the next time maintenance minder says to change the oil, it will be effectively early for the oil. That's not a bad thing. You got this oil free, so you will still get your money's worth out of it.

Thanks for posting the RO information.

StevenK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
1,072 posts for this issue! We're way ahead of all other issues. The surging issue for the turbo engine is only at 347, we're kickin' its ass. Misery loves company. :headbang:

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Finally had time to take mine in for the recall, no issues.

And since it was at 12,000 miles I had them do the free oil change while they were at it.

iqflash

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Cultus
It might not be the same thing, but I had a suspicious thing happen this last week. Found the car I wanted, but a guy at the dealer told me there's something wrong with the car and they had to send it back to the factory. But then a couple days later, another guy at the same dealer said the car is here and there's nothing wrong with it and the other guy must have made some mistake telling me that.

Never found out what the deal was, but could be related to what you're talking about. This was a 2016 Civic Touring. I was thinking maybe it was the Touring infotainment issue that they thought they had to send back but then got the software patch that fixed it?
fromt the report I read above, It seems as if all the units were not effected... maybe they inspect your car and they found that this particular unite was not affected, so they issued the car to you. Did you feel anything wrong with the engine btw?

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
fromt the report I read above, It seems as if all the units were not effected... maybe they inspect your car and they found that this particular unite was not affected, so they issued the car to you. Did you feel anything wrong with the engine btw?
I ended up not buying it from that dealer because I was a bit distrustful after that incident, not really knowing if anything was wrong with the car or not. Eventually did get a Touring from another dealer and other than the subwoofer rattling the rear deck at higher volumes, it's been perfect.

Arooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
So I'm a little confused. I took in my civic to get it's first oil change and have the recall checked on Friday. I went to the dealer I bought it at thinking I had to for free first oil change which is about 70 miles from my house. Upon arriving I was told I had to leave it until Monday since they had to order parts(apparently ever civic they chrcked needed work, so they knew mine would before checking) I was told if I want a rental I have to pay for it since honda does not provide a rental for recalls. At first they said they would "shuttle" me home, but then saw how far my house was so they said I had to find my own ride. Others have posted about getting a rental so the dealer lies to me?

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm a little confused. I took in my civic to get it's first oil change and have the recall checked on Friday. I went to the dealer I bought it at thinking I had to for free first oil change which is about 70 miles from my house. Upon arriving I was told I had to leave it until Monday since they had to order parts(apparently ever civic they chrcked needed work, so they knew mine would before checking) I was told if I want a rental I have to pay for it since honda does not provide a rental for recalls. At first they said they would "shuttle" me home, but then saw how far my house was so they said I had to find my own ride. Others have posted about getting a rental so the dealer lies to me?
I think it might be a good idea to inform them that you wouldn't have required a rental if they sold you a recall-free car. The onus in my opinion should be on them to make things right instead of making you pay for otherwise unnecessary services.

Streamliner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicEX, 2008 RondoEXV6
My EX was only 2 weeks into ownership and was the first in for piston clip recall at my dealer. It sat there for 2 weeks while they got their act together. They provided a rental for that period. Stand firm, explain its their fault not yours.
Sponsored