Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
RECALL RESULT
VIN: 2HGFC2F72GH502257
Year: 2016
Make: Honda
Model: Civic Sedan
Last Updated: Jan 29, 2016
There are no current safety recalls for this vehicle.
"

This is the one I tried to buy.
Ran my VIN too and got the same message. My guess is we won't know officially until Monday at the earliest. Fingers crossed man i know many people have had LX's and EX's for a while now and have not had any engine issues. Maybe it was just a bad batch that came out of the Alliston plant.
Sponsored

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The US site shows no recalls for a 2016 Civic Sedan in general (the site doesn't let you choose the trim).
It shows no safety recalls, not necessarily no recalls for mechanical issues. The infamous IMS issue for the Mezgers was never issued as a recall, but was a devistating problem never the less.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
"An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available."
Interesting that in Canada Honda will show non-recall campaigns to the owner. I don't think Honda in the US does that. Has anybody with the Touring TSB # 16-001 issue seen this listed for their VIN on the Honda US website?

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Interesting that in Canada Honda will show non-recall campaigns to the owner. I don't think Honda in the US does that. Has anybody with the Touring TSB # 16-001 issue seen this listed for their VIN on the Honda US website?
It wouldn't surprise me if in the US, the auto industry lobbied (i.e. bought votes) to not be required to post anything more than the minimum they could get away with. That type of thing happens all the time here.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
It shows no safety recalls, not necessarily no recalls for mechanical issues. The infamous IMS issue for the Mezgers was never issued as a recall, but was a devistating problem never the less.
"Recall" for an auto in the US has a specific set of legal/regulatory requirements and obligations. Suspect manufacturers are going to avoid using that term unless they are required to by safety implications that define it. Still, it would be nice if Honda US wasn't so opaque about the non-Recall campaigns.
Maybe it was just a bad batch that came out of the Alliston plant.
If this is about an engine issue, then unlikely to be Alliston specific since all '16 Civic engines (for US anyway, suspect same for Canada market cars) are coming from Anna, OH.

Mustnabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
There's a recall coming out for most 2016 Honda civics .
It isn't out yet because they're still working on it.
Something with updating airbag sensitivity.
I guess some cars if you slam the driver door extremely hard the air bag has a chance of deflating
I was told by a Honda worker

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a recall coming out for most 2016 Honda civics .
It isn't out yet because they're still working on it.
Something with updating airbag sensitivity.
I guess some cars if you slam the driver door extremely hard the air bag has a chance of deflating
I was told by a Honda worker
Probably an airbag piston. That makes more sense to the OP story that the dealership was going to work on the car monday and give it to him later monday night.

OP
OP

bobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008. F150, 2013 wrangler, 1999 civic, 2000 wind star,94 explorer, 88 jimmy , 08 vtx1300, 14 crf250l, 15 cbr500r
I just spoke to honda. I called the number listed on the recall web page.

888-234-2138

It's the engine. It seems that some fastener is coming loose or breaking causing pistons To come loose too.

Parts are currently unavailable... I guess this means I'm not getting the one I had my eye on any time soon.

The issue is with all trim levels but seems vin specific from what I got out of them.

If you call and give them your vin they can tell if your on the recall. I'm sure they will issue some sort of formal recall soon.

Good luck.

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
I'm in canada and I just looked up my Vin number on honda canadas website and this is what it said: An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Honda dealer or Honda Canada Customer Relations at 888-9HONDA9 for more information.
I got the same message when I ran my VIN. I'm guess this has something to do with the Infotainment system since it also states, "or a product update", in the paragraph. I've sent a message to my dealership to see if they can identify this. I'll post again with whatever they come back with.

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just spoke to honda. I called the number listed on the recall web page.

888-234-2138

It's the engine. It seems that some fastener is coming loose or breaking causing pistons To come loose too.

Parts are currently unavailable... I guess this means I'm not getting the one I had my eye on any time soon.

The issue is with all trim levels but seems vin specific from what I got out of them.

If you call and give them your vin they can tell if your on the recall. I'm sure they will issue some sort of formal recall soon.

Good luck.
You were able to get in touch with them today??? I called our 888 number and they are not open on weekends except for roadside assistance.....

OP
OP

bobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008. F150, 2013 wrangler, 1999 civic, 2000 wind star,94 explorer, 88 jimmy , 08 vtx1300, 14 crf250l, 15 cbr500r
You were able to get in touch with them today??? I called our 888 number and they are not open on weekends except for roadside assistance.....
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Recall Line:

(888) 234-2138

Monday-Friday: 6am-6pm PT

Saturday: 7am-4:30pm PT

Sunday: 6am-2:30pm PT

For all other Honda Customer Service issues, please call:
(800) 999-1009 toll free

Monday-Friday: 6am-5pm PT

I spoke to them today.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the same number bobman posted gave them my VIN they ran an entire check in there internal communications. Nothing came up regarding airbags or the engine fastner. Only thing was the touring amplifier TSB.

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Recall Line:

(888) 234-2138

Monday-Friday: 6am-6pm PT

Saturday: 7am-4:30pm PT

Sunday: 6am-2:30pm PT

For all other Honda Customer Service issues, please call:
(800) 999-1009 toll free

Monday-Friday: 6am-5pm PT

I spoke to them today.

I guess they aren't into weekends off in the USA! :)

I wonder what this means for people who are actually already driving their cars.....Is there a chance to blow the motor and be stranded in the middle of nowhere if this fastener is "coming loose or breaking" ?

Any idea on when these so-called parts will become available? When was this recall issued? Do you know?

I'm curious because they are obviously still selling affected Civics, unless this came out yesterday or something...I only took delivery of mine ten days ago, and my VIN comes up with this recall notice as well.

I'll have to post again on Monday when I can get in touch with someone. It's possible the recall on mine (Touring) has to do with the Infotainment update, and not the motor.

1.5T vs. 2.0 correct?

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the same number bobman posted gave them my VIN they ran an entire check in there internal communications. Nothing came up regarding airbags or the engine fastner. Only thing was the touring amplifier TSB.

LOL! This is starting to sound fishy to me......

OP
OP

bobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess they aren't into weekends off in the USA! :)

I wonder what this means for people who are actually already driving their cars.....Is there a chance to blow the motor and be stranded in the middle of nowhere if this fastener is "coming loose or breaking" ?

Any idea on when these so-called parts will become available? When was this recall issued? Do you know?

I'm curious because they are obviously still selling affected Civics, unless this came out yesterday or something...I only took delivery of mine ten days ago, and my VIN comes up with this recall notice as well.

I'll have to post again on Monday when I can get in touch with someone. It's possible the recall on mine (Touring) has to do with the Infotainment update, and not the motor.

1.5T vs. 2.0 correct?

It came out yesterday morning.

I was in the middle of buying mine and the sales guy said he could not sell this car.

3 other ex on the lot were clear to sell. But they were not red.
Sponsored