Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
At the 2016 Civic Coupe media launch event in San Diego a few weeks ago, we showed you the first pictures of the new Civic X coupe in all the trims and colors being offered when the vehicle becomes available next month.

There's nothing like seeing the car in motion however, so here is our walkaround video of the exterior and interior of the new Civic Coupes at its US press launch.

Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks a little odd from the rear honestly, and the slope from the front windshield to the back doesn't seem natural so to speak. I'm highly interested in seeing how the hatchback is going to look like and if I'm going to regret my decision on getting the sedan too early on impulse :D

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it... Hopefully Honda brings back the Si. The ExT just may be the Si replacement. If Honda does bring back the Si you can be assured the price tag will start at 27k.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it... Hopefully Honda brings back the Si. The ExT just may be the Si replacement. If Honda does bring back the Si you can be assured the price tag will start at 27k.
They've already said there will be an Si. No question about that.

I also don't think the price increase will be that dramatic over the current Si as the rest of the civic trims didn't increase in price that much. Also, because the Type R will hover around 30k i feel 27k would be too close, and type R could cannibalize Si sales. I expect the Si to have a similar price, maybe $800 or so more than the 9th gen Si. That keeps it true to it's attainable status (especially if they take it more mainstream with an auto option) and will keep the Si away from Type R sales as well as offer people looking for a more sporty option over the regular fuel efficiency focused base civics.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just figuring since the Civic EXT msrp for 23k Honda did this to fill the price point old Si spot. Then +3-4k for the Si performance model. = 27k. Then maybe +7k for the Type R at 34k.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just figuring since the Civic EXT msrp for 23k Honda did this to fill the price point old Si spot. Then +3-4k for the Si performance model. = 27k. Then maybe +7k for the Type R at 34k.
Maybe, but really, the 9th gen Si had a similar price point to the EXL. So it's just as logical to assume the Si will keep a similar price point so around $23-24 starting a few shy of 27k and the Type R after being price adjusted for the US should come in around 30-32.

Assuming the Si has the same standard tech as the EXT which i think would be a sweet spot for balance of tech and features, then a small price jump for the different tuning and engine would push it to around EXL pricing. The Type R will surpass the Touring in price to hit most likely 32k only because of the extreme number of tweaks and changes needed to make it perform.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si
I like the back end ....it's differenti wish it sloped down even lower ...if an exotic car company made a back end like that it would be fine in everyone's eyes I think..but I do also think it looks incomplete without a spoiler... And if it's more than 25k I don't know if I would get another si ...I might look into other options

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rob, I hope you are right brother.. ;) The 9th gens also didnt have a Turbo or dual exhaust. I have a good feeling the 17 Si is going to put down 250+ HP. Needing a big brake kits and alot of other extras driving it to 27k+.. The cool thing is when this happens the old 9th gens value will go up. Actually the last couple months the remaining 15 Civic Si were bringing MSRP+. I would say by mid summer used 14/15s should bring 20k all day long and all the 12/13s in the high 16k to 18k range.

Last edited:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rob, I hope you are right brother.. ;) The 9th gens also didnt have a Turbo or dual exhaust. I have a good feeling the 17 Si is going to put down 250+ HP. Needing a big brake kits and alot of other extras driving it to 27k+.. The cool thing is when this happens the old 9th gens value will go up. Actually the last couple months the remaining 15 Civic Si were bringing MSRP+. I would say by mid summer used 14/15s should bring 20k all day long and all the 12/13s in the high 16k to 18k range.
My thought is that the Si will be closer to 230 horsepower.

If we use the base civic 1.5T as an example. Those have dual exhaust, and a turbo yet the price increase over the comparably equipped 9th gen models was modest a $1000 roughly from 9th gen EX to 10th gen EXT. Also looking at the amount of power gained for the 1.5T over the old 1.8 being 30 horsepower we can assume the Si will follow suit. No more than $1000 price increase over the 9th gen Si models and about 230 horsepower but way more torque than the old 2.4L would make for a competitive Si that still meets the Si mantra of affordable speed. That also leaves a healthy gap for the Type R in terms of price and power as to not cannibalize sales of either model as well as leave space for the next gen ILX to be priced over the Si but still in the entry level luxury segment with a potential upper tier ILX pricing out above the Type R.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At the 2016 Civic Coupe media launch event in San Diego a few weeks ago, we showed you the first pictures of the new Civic X coupe in all the trims and colors being offered when the vehicle becomes available next month.

There's nothing like seeing the car in motion however, so here is our walkaround video of the exterior and interior of the new Civic Coupes at its US press launch.

Looks good. A bit of distortion seems to be going on. A wide angle lens being used?

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Looks a little odd from the rear honestly, and the slope from the front windshield to the back doesn't seem natural so to speak. I'm highly interested in seeing how the hatchback is going to look like and if I'm going to regret my decision on getting the sedan too early on impulse :D
I think it might be that the rear bumper is too wide/long for the rest of the car. Watching this video makes me love my sedan even more!

instroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z Veloster turbo
Do I see a manual transmission in that video? Approx 1:17 into it.