Moichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit & CR-V
Country flag
The rear on the production coupe might actually look better than the concept's. The lower bumper bodywork is actually more aggressive and the concept's rear bumper actually looks more like the production sedan's. They basically changed like 5% of the concept only. Amazing translation to production Honda!
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love love love the back end. So happy to see them keep the LED tail lights. Also glad they kept the LED running lights. Looks like it also has a civic first projector beam headlights! (possibly LED, the lead designer said he wanted to keep it full LED) I doubt it's a liftback (though i would love it) it just has a very short trunk lid. Here is hoping they keep a spoiler available from factory. Even if they use the larger spoiler for the Si, they need to make a slightly smaller spoiler available on the base coupes. Sad to see the center exhaust go, but not shocked. Wondering if the dual exhaust could be for the turbo models.

Can't wait to see what they do with the interior, hoping they do a speedo setup like the CRZ has or the new S660. They could also lose the iMid and make the 8 inch touch screen standard on all models.

I'm really excited to see what the output on the engines will be. I heard someone mention 178 for the 1.5 turbo and 191 torque which would be perfect. Wondering if they'll do what chevy does and make the base 2.0 liter the same or only slightly less horsepower, the turbo would just basically be added torque and less weight.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Yea I would guess the dual exhaust has to be for the Si or Type R? I can't see why that would be needed on the base model. I also wish they kept the center exhaust but that's one of those concept design features you always see and never make it to production.

Has anyone seen the actual filing? does it have any more info ?

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Great digging. Now can you please find a Type R coupe design :D
Preferablly something that looks like the CivicX render :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Country flag
Good job on finding the drawings.

This place just blew up Honda's plans for a slow tease using spy pics :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! e31

Samir

Threads
Reaction score
Love love love the back end. So happy to see them keep the LED tail lights. Also glad they kept the LED running lights. Looks like it also has a civic first projector beam headlights! (possibly LED, the lead designer said he wanted to keep it full LED) I doubt it's a liftback (though i would love it) it just has a very short trunk lid. Here is hoping they keep a spoiler available from factory. Even if they use the larger spoiler for the Si, they need to make a slightly smaller spoiler available on the base coupes. Sad to see the center exhaust go, but not shocked. Wondering if the dual exhaust could be for the turbo models.

Can't wait to see what they do with the interior, hoping they do a speedo setup like the CRZ has or the new S660. They could also lose the iMid and make the 8 inch touch screen standard on all models.

I'm really excited to see what the output on the engines will be. I heard someone mention 178 for the 1.5 turbo and 191 torque which would be perfect. Wondering if they'll do what chevy does and make the base 2.0 liter the same or only slightly less horsepower, the turbo would just basically be added torque and less weight.
So glad they kept the LED DRL and tailights too, but I'd be shocked if it also came with LED headlights standard... would be nice to see it standard on the Si or Type-R though.

S660 type interior would be sweet.. it's simple, sporty, and has that driver centric wraparound design.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic coupe and sedan design patent drawings revealed! Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 9.46.29 AM

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed the chrome on the front too. I wouldn't mind the chrome on the sedan, but the coupe should keep the piano black. Here's hoping the piano black isn't an Si exclusive (also hoping the spoiler isn't Si only as well) Or they offer a "sport grill" like they have on the fit before that changes it out for the piano black.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I thought Honda was going in the right direction with the 2016 civic concept but now after seeing these drawings I am Very Disappointed and a 20yrs of buying new hondas leaves me with an eye open to buy a different brand. It seems like every new gen Civic looks less to be desired with cheap interior. Then in 1 to 3 years they change the bumpers and wheels and increase the quality of interiors. Like a slap in the face to loyal honda customers. :(
To be fair, we haven't seen the new interior yet.

I do understand where you're coming from, but cabin tech is changing so quickly that it requires an automaker to update the interior with every refresh.
Sponsored