2016 1.5T Hondata FP Experience

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver
My experience with the FP has been good. In using my butt dyno to the best of my ability, the car is much more responsive when dropping the throttle and overall livelier in the mid-RPM ranges. All around, much more fun to drive. I cannot really say whether it is 700 dollars better, but it is noticeable. The install was pretty simple and I had no issues following the provided instructions. I have the INJEN SRI and used the provided base map with high octane, +6 boost, and the SRI. I have no interest of tweaking individual settings at this point but the FP provides the ability to detail tune if you wish. I have not experienced any issues with the car performance thus far but it has only been flashed for a week now.
Sponsored

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
My experience with the FP has been good. In using my butt dyno to the best of my ability, the car is much more responsive when dropping the throttle and overall livelier in the mid-RPM ranges. All around, much more fun to drive. I cannot really say whether it is 700 dollars better, but it is noticeable. The install was pretty simple and I had no issues following the provided instructions. I have the INJEN SRI and used the provided base map with high octane, +6 boost, and the SRI. I have no interest of tweaking individual settings at this point but the FP provides the ability to detail tune if you wish. I have not experienced any issues with the car performance thus far but it has only been flashed for a week now.
Have you experienced major drops in fuel economy like others have complained about? I just picked up my FP from the post office today and plan to datalog a commute at baseline, +3, and +6 per Hondata recommendation.

OP
OP

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver
Have you experienced major drops in fuel economy like others have complained about? I just picked up my FP from the post office today and plan to datalog a commute at baseline, +3, and +6 per Hondata recommendation.
The MPG is following my actions with the pedal use. If I put econ on and drive conservatively it is reflecting 37 to 39 MPG, when I am driving it like a slow race car I am getting high 20s to low 30s. In my experience the flash did not drop my overall MPG capability, it mostly follows the way I am driving just as before the flash.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 1.5T Hondata FP Experience 20161223_154009
I've been getting great MPG, if I pretend I'm in a race my milage is affected. If you want optimal MPG just use ECO mode and drive it like you don't have FlashPro installed. I'm running (6+ high tune/93 octane/Injen Short Ram intake)

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I got my FlashPro today and uploaded the +6PSI with Injen Short Ram intake. While I was holding down the program button, I got a lot of errors popping up on my display like brake error, brake hold error etc. there was a lot. Once the program button changed from a solid light to blinking I started the car up and it was fine I didn't get any errors. I'm just wondering if this is normal or should I go back to my stock tune and try again? I did notice that the ECU did get programmed because it knocked my butt back when I accelerate LOL.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I got my FlashPro today and uploaded the +6PSI with Injen Short Ram intake. While I was holding down the program button, I got a lot of errors popping up on my display like brake error, brake hold error etc. there was a lot. Once the program button changed from a solid light to blinking I started the car up and it was fine I didn't get any errors. I'm just wondering if this is normal or should I go back to my stock tune and try again? I did notice that the ECU did get programmed because it knocked my butt back when I accelerate LOL.
normal

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Normal, the other computers in the car get angry when the CAN feed from the ECU goes down during the flash process.
Sponsored