SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
A very weird issue developed over the past 3 weeks. My FK8 Type R makes this rattling / heavy vibration at exactly 2000rpm. This happens in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. No matter what speed or what gear I’m in at 2000rpm something starts rattling and it happens near the driver’s side.

If I drive slightly under 2000rpm, nothing. Once I go over 2000rpm, nothing. It’s a really weird issue. I’ve never seen or heard anything like it. Has anyone else experienced this? I will take the car to my Honda dealer this week.
Sponsored

akash

First Name
akash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX T
Country flag
Hey man, did you get it fixed?

I am having the same issue from past two weeks. It makes noise on exactly 2000 rpm.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Check the engine undertray/covers.

OP
OP
SpinRush

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
Hey man, did you get it fixed?

I am having the same issue from past two weeks. It makes noise on exactly 2000 rpm.
Yes, I was able to get it fixed. It took some time to isolate where the sound was coming from. Turned out to be the Bonnet stick. You know that thing you use to hold up the bonnet. The one thing in the engine bay that seems prehistoric. You should check that every now and then. The reason I heard the sound on the driver’s side is because that bonnet stick on the driver’s side.

akash

First Name
akash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX T
Country flag
Thank you @SpinRush and @Learn2turn for responding. I think, I figured out where the noise is coming. I looked under the car and noticed that I'm missing two bolts in heat shield. I'm going to get those bolts today. I hope that will fix that rattling issue.

UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Yes, I was able to get it fixed. It took some time to isolate where the sound was coming from. Turned out to be the Bonnet stick. You know that thing you use to hold up the bonnet. The one thing in the engine bay that seems prehistoric. You should check that every now and then. The reason I heard the sound on the driver’s side is because that bonnet stick on the driver’s side.
Finally managed to fix mine and it was the exact same problem for me

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
How do you guys exactly fix it and what did you guys use to fix it?
Sponsored