2.0 & 1.5 liter engine bay shots

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Known info so far:
  • Base LX and EX models will come with a new 2.0L 4-cylinder naturally aspirated engine which makes 158 horsepower (15 HP more than current model) and is paired with a six-speed manual transmission on the LX and a CVT on the EX.
  • The EX-T, EX-L and new Touring trim receive an all-new 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder engine which makes 174 horsepower (31 HP more than current model) and is paired with a CVT
  • Above 40 MPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 & 1.5 liter engine bay shots 2liter-civic

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 & 1.5 liter engine bay shots 15liter-civic

Last edited by a moderator:

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Current Civic has 143 hp, so a 31 hp boost is going to put it at 174 hp... I know, not a big deal, but thought I would correct the number.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy crap look at all the stuff under those hoods. Good luck tuner crowd finding any extra space to do anything. yikes.

How is it that these have longer hoods (larger engine bays assumingly) and yet less space?

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
There were no engine shots in any pics I saw from the reveal event yesterday. This is probably why. Whoever took these probably snuck some shots as I'm sure Honda would rather show off a clean and finished engine bay.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There were no engine shots in any pics I saw from the reveal event yesterday. This is probably why. Whoever took these probably snuck some shots as I'm sure Honda would rather show off a clean and finished engine bay.
Press was not allowed under the hood at either of the reveal events. These pics are from MotorTrend, who apparently have their own Civics already.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Press was not allowed under the hood at either of the reveal events. These pics are from MotorTrend, who apparently have their own Civics already.
Not surprising the various publications already have test cars. That way, when the official specs finally are announced (pricing mid october officially) they can have all their tests performed and their articles written up and ready to go.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not surprising the various publications already have test cars. That way, when the official specs finally are announced (pricing mid october officially) they can have all their tests performed and their articles written up and ready to go.
The strange part about this is the "various publications" you mention. MotorTrend is the only one I've seen to have their own cars or pictures of the cars they have.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The strange part about this is the "various publications" you mention. MotorTrend is the only one I've seen to have their own cars or pictures of the cars they have.
Well motortrend might have just gotten dibs first. But i have no doubt that other auto mags like car and driver will have testers before the official release as well. Maybe MotorTrend just pressured them more to get it earlier. (i.e. paid honda more for the exclusive first rights to performance and test reviews)

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I wonder how hard the oil filter is to get to on these. It's such a pain on my K20A3. Hopefully the engineers have put some thought into accessibility this time.

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
Motor Trend seems to be leading the other sites in terms of unique and quality reviews, especially their videos. Wouldn't be surprised if they got the exclusive first look at the car. If others had one too they probably had the same embargo date for publishing photos, reviews, etc. so we would have seen them already, but we haven't. I'm more curious how they managed or decided to leave a fully uncovered test car in plain sight before the reveal :hmm:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I wonder how hard the oil filter is to get to on these. It's such a pain on my K20A3. Hopefully the engineers have put some thought into accessibility this time.
Didn't realize recent Honda's were difficult to access. My 87 Si is a pain to get to also. The best engine I have seen is Subaru's new FA series. The VK56 and VQ35DE in my Nissan's are super easy too. Even on my lowered 2003 Maxima I could simply turn the steering wheel hard left and get the oil filter and oil plug without lifting the car and both would drain into a single 16" catch pan at the same time.

Hope that they improved it too, I prefer to do my own oil changes
Sponsored