TJHeller

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Boxster, X7, F250, F350, CTR,
Country flag
First track day with the CTR went great. I installed swift R springs, track brake pads, Motul 600 fluid, and some 18" Bridgestone RE71's. I have quite a bit of endurance racing experience and this car is easy to go fast in. The only problems I had were some tire rub on the front, but I just removed the screw holding the plastic fender and bent the metal tab up. Problem solved. Other than that, no problems. Temps were low 70's and I saw NO overheating issues, although I noticed the gauge move a little bit. I'm going to install some adjustable rear camber arms and toe links to get a little flatter tire contact in corners, and add a heavier rear sway bar. It's impressive for a mostly stock car.
Sponsored

Deleted member 31314

Awesome report, I've had mine since August but haven't made it to the track yet. Next season at the new track opening for sure!

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Did you remove the factory guide pins from the front suspension mounts? That will give you some additional negative camber in the front - should help with understeer a bit.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
First track day with the CTR went great. I installed swift R springs, track brake pads, Motul 600 fluid, and some 18" Bridgestone RE71's. I have quite a bit of endurance racing experience and this car is easy to go fast in. The only problems I had were some tire rub on the front, but I just removed the screw holding the plastic fender and bent the metal tab up. Problem solved. Other than that, no problems. Temps were low 70's and I saw NO overheating issues, although I noticed the gauge move a little bit. I'm going to install some adjustable rear camber arms and toe links to get a little flatter tire contact in corners, and add a heavier rear sway bar. It's impressive for a mostly stock car.
How long was the session?

OP
OP
TJHeller

TJHeller

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Boxster, X7, F250, F350, CTR,
Country flag
The sessions are 30 minutes, but in the afternoon you can run double sessions so long as you stay out of the beginner group. I was pushing it pretty hard....
Sponsored