1st scratch on new 2020 Hatchback, How should I repair?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2016 EX-L Sensing Sedan
Country flag
I got my first scratch on 2020 sonic gray hatchback. I was at car wash doing first wash and had completely finished hand washing and drying my hatch, while vacuuming I bumped door and it swung into a cement square pillar. And got this 1 and 1/2 inch long by one or two millimeter wide scratch/chip looking damage. How should I repair? Is it too big or chippy to polish out? And if it is too big to polish out, should I try the Honda touch up pen or Dr. ColorChip repair? Or is there an other option besides doing nothing? I feel it might rust if I do nothing.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1st scratch on new 2020 Hatchback, How should I repair? Hatches 1st sratch
Sponsored

tjpowell

First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DrColorChip is the way I would go. You can buff it first to get rid of the edges then do the paint touchup. Did it on my Si, can only notice it if you know where to look

C-Dub

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Touring in Platinum White Pearl
Country flag
Have you tried it OP? How did it go?

2020PWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2018 GT350 Track Pack, Hopefully a Soobie one day too
Country flag
I got my first scratch on 2020 sonic gray hatchback. I was at car wash doing first wash and had completely finished hand washing and drying my hatch, while vacuuming I bumped door and it swung into a cement square pillar. And got this 1 and 1/2 inch long by one or two millimeter wide scratch/chip looking damage. How should I repair? Is it too big or chippy to polish out? And if it is too big to polish out, should I try the Honda touch up pen or Dr. ColorChip repair? Or is there an other option besides doing nothing? I feel it might rust if I do nothing.

Hatches 1st sratch.jpg
Damn bro I almost did the same thing at the gas station, lucked out and it didn't scratch somehow. I feel for ya.
Sponsored