18x9.0+40 lowered on Eibach Sportlines - will it rub (Si coupe)?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster!

I just bought a 2018 Si Rallye Red coupe and I'm looking for a new set of wheels. I was looking at two wheels:

Konig Ampliform: 18x9.5+45
FC04: 18x9+40

I've read a lot of the aggressive fitment posts on here, and it appears that the fitment is different across the hatch, sedan, and coupe. E.g. hatches are able to accomodate 18x9.5, while sedans and coupes may not, etc.

I really like the Konig Ampliform wheels (18x9.5+45), but the problem is, I'm not sure if they'll rub when lowered on Eibach Sportlines. The FC04's are a nice set too, at 9" wide and +40 offset. I like the concavity on these wheels, but you only get the concave face on the 9/9.5" width. For reference, I've attached photos of what the 8.5" and 9.5" Ampliforms look like. The 9.5 on the Type R has that concavity that I'm looking for.

I would be more comfortable going 8.5 wide (as I've read that it doesn't rub at all on even the most aggressive drops), but I'll lose the concavity with that size. I either want a nice concave set of wheels at 8.5 width, or try to find a way to fit a 9/9.5" wide wheel without rubbing, lowered on springs that can accomodate the wheel size.

Also, to note, I was looking to mount the stock 235/40/R18's, or move up to 245/40/R18.

I just want to know if I'll rub with either of the specs mentioned above. Any wheel/spring suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.0+40 lowered on Eibach Sportlines - will it rub (Si coupe)? 8.5Konig.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.0+40 lowered on Eibach Sportlines - will it rub (Si coupe)? 9.5Konig.PNG

Last edited:

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not that I know the answer but just for reference I am running 19" accord wheels on my Si coupe they are the stock 8.5 with a 55+ offset. I did run a lower profile tire 235 35 19 (45 to 35) to keep the ride height at stock levels. I have had no issues running this set-up.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Not that I know the answer but just for reference I am running 19" accord wheels on my Si coupe they are the stock 8.5 with a 55+ offset. I did run a lower profile tire 235 35 19 (45 to 35) to keep the ride height at stock levels. I have had no issues running this set-up.
Do you have more pics with the accord 19s? off topic and I apologize in advance

Trevor_Brown

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si / 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

I just bought a 2018 Si Rallye Red coupe and I'm looking for a new set of wheels. I was looking at two wheels:

I've read a lot of the aggressive fitment posts on here, and it appears that the fitment is different across the hatch, sedan, and coupe. E.g. hatches are able to accomodate 18x9.5, while sedans and coupes may not, etc.

I really like the Konig Ampliform wheels (18x9.5+45), but the problem is, I'm not sure if they'll rub when lowered on Eibach Sportlines. The FC04's are a nice set too, at 9" wide and +40 offset. I like the concavity on these wheels, but you only get the concave face on the 9/9.5" width. For reference, I've attached photos of what the 8.5" and 9.5" Ampliforms look like. The 9.5 on the Type R has that concavity that I'm looking for.

I would be more comfortable going 8.5 wide (as I've read that it doesn't rub at all on even the most aggressive drops), but I'll lose the concavity with that size. I either want a nice concave set of wheels at 8.5 width, or try to find a way to fit a 9/9.5" wide wheel without rubbing, lowered on springs that can accomodate the wheel size.

Also, to note, I was looking to mount the stock 235/40/R18's, or move up to 245/40/R18.

I just want to know if I'll rub with either of the specs mentioned above. Any wheel/spring suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8.5Konig.PNG

9.5Konig.PNG

8.5Konig.PNG

9.5Konig.PNG
I’ve been looking at the same wheels with the same specs for my si sedan. I’m not sure about rubbing on the coupe (I think the sedan is in the clear) but I was looking into the 9.5 “B” faced which are more concave, and I’m wondering if they will clear the stock calipers. You can try going to fitmentIndustries.com and go to there gallery, you may find your answer there.
Sponsored