Better sound system?

• Total voters

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
What do you guys think would sound better the mid-level 180 watt 8 speaker sound system with a compact under the seat subwoofer such as the 150 watt Kenwood KSC-SW11 or the higher end touring sound systems with the oem sub?
Sponsored

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
What do you guys think would sound better the mid-level 180 watt 8 speaker sound system with a compact under the seat subwoofer such as the 150 watt Kenwood KSC-SW11 or the higher end touring sound systems with the oem sub?
I have the 2018 Si and I turned my sub up to max and left bass setting stock when I got my car last week. When I first turned on the stereo it sounded like the sub was blown, just rattled and had no boom amd then smelled like burnt speaker. So I turned the sub level down and put the bass up which sounded a little better. I left it like this until last night when I was playing a song I loved that has killer bass. Well it sounded like the song had 0 bass. So O tried turning up the sub to see if it helped and on max setting it still sounded like I had it turned off or its not working. I def think something is wrong with my factory sound system......my 9th gen Si I just traded in had amazing sound compared to this and that's not supposed to be the case.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have the 2018 Si and I turned my sub up to max and left bass setting stock when I got my car last week. When I first turned on the stereo it sounded like the sub was blown, just rattled and had no boom amd then smelled like burnt speaker. So I turned the sub level down and put the bass up which sounded a little better. I left it like this until last night when I was playing a song I loved that has killer bass. Well it sounded like the song had 0 bass. So O tried turning up the sub to see if it helped and on max setting it still sounded like I had it turned off or its not working. I def think something is wrong with my factory sound system......my 9th gen Si I just traded in had amazing sound compared to this and that's not supposed to be the case.
Typically Subs take many hours to break in, theres a chance you could have blown the sub maybe.