First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stock height for now but the way this wheel pops it makes the wheelgap pretty obvious. Not a huge deal but I'll be looking at springs and camber kits next. Probably deciding between Swift and Spoon, and doing at least rear camber kits to start?

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 x 9.5" Regamaster EVO II with PS4S 255/40-18 ZRCI9G4h

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 x 9.5" Regamaster EVO II with PS4S 255/40-18 u6b2sjJh

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 x 9.5" Regamaster EVO II with PS4S 255/40-18 VkV8ABFh

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 x 9.5" Regamaster EVO II with PS4S 255/40-18 mR9THLDh

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, it's tough to look at sometimes with wheels that have a slight lip like that on stock ride height. One of the reasons I'm lowered...on spoon springs myself.

Nice wheels man

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, it's tough to look at sometimes with wheels that have a slight lip like that on stock ride height. One of the reasons I'm lowered...on spoon springs myself.

Nice wheels man
Honestly after reading the entire Spring thread here... I'm convinced I'll either: stay stock height (the angle of a pic can exaggerate the gap) or save up for Ohlins. That would allow me to preserve the stock suspension as a whole, which is an attractive thing to me. Ohlins aren't cheap, but if I save a little here and there, content with stock height, I might be able to pick them up next year.

I will say the differences in just part throttle acceleration, responsiveness, and braking are kind of astounding going from a 23 lb 18" wheel to a 17.8 lb wheel. It's definitely nice to free up a little parasitic loss.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly after reading the entire Spring thread here... I'm convinced I'll either: stay stock height (the angle of a pic can exaggerate the gap) or save up for Ohlins. That would allow me to preserve the stock suspension as a whole, which is an attractive thing to me. Ohlins aren't cheap, but if I save a little here and there, content with stock height, I might be able to pick them up next year.

I will say the differences in just part throttle acceleration, responsiveness, and braking are kind of astounding going from a 23 lb 18" wheel to a 17.8 lb wheel. It's definitely nice to free up a little parasitic loss.
yeah man, factory springs are good imo...its an addiction once you lower it, hard to go back :D

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
I just noticed this too going from 19" 22 lb to 18" 18 lb. Did NOT think it would be as drastic as going from stock 20" to 19" but it is! Somehow still rides even smoother and better gas mileage with a harder tire compound on the 18".

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
@toddrhodes Is there a reason why you ran 255/40 instead of 265/35? When I was looking at tires for 18in wheels, (on ICB) they recommended 265/35.

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@toddrhodes Is there a reason why you ran 255/40 instead of 265/35? When I was looking at tires for 18in wheels, (on ICB) they recommended 265/35.
Quite simply it's just a matter of tire height. At 255/40-18, the height is almost dead on with the stock diameter, coming in about .25" taller. Having had 255/35-18s, those were way, way too short. Additionally, my wheels when I bought the 255/40's were +38 offset. Had I had, or even ordered the +45s at the time I bought the 255/40's I'd have probably just gone 265/35 but honestly, I like the 255/40 size. In a PS4S I don't feel I've left any steering feel on the table relative to thinner sidewalls, but I get a little more protection from road imperfections, the aforementioned slightly taller tire, and it looks fine on the wheel. In fact, I didn't like how stretched it looked on my old wheels but on the Regas, it's fine. 265 would look better though, no question.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

mind to share why you wont lower it with swift or spoon? thought those two are quite decent spring..

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mind to share why you wont lower it with swift or spoon? thought those two are quite decent spring..
Swift, to me, is too low and based on feedback from that thread, is a bit of a stretch unless your roads are perfect. At least that's what I gathered.

Spoon - if they were priced more in line with other options I'd be all over them but for me personally, I just don't have the tools to install them so I'd have to pay someone else to do it. And being completely honest, I have tools and could probably do it but I just don't want to do a spring install. At that point, with parts + labor and still retaining factory shocks, I think the main benefit would be aesthetics/looks and I just don't see the value there given what I'd spend to get them on. I totally get why others would see value there so just understand this is only my opinion, not me trying to say what's best. And maybe I'm overthinking the install bit.

On the other hand, if I stretch the budget, save up for a bit, and go for a very good coilover setup, not only can I install those myself, but I get better shock performance and can dial in the looks I want and still see a performance increase from lowering it. So to me, it's just a matter of being content with what is honestly a very good stock suspension setup until I can afford to address all of the elements I'm considering here.

I hope that makes sense. I'm not sure it does lol, but at least in my head it seems like a sound approach.

Cliff's notes - given the options available, to me it's not worth the expense and compromise just a lowering spring creates, and the fact I'm not so unhappy with the looks and performance of the stock setup to warrant just lowering it for looks, that I'd rather do a full spring/shock overhaul or I'll just leave it OEM.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swift, to me, is too low and based on feedback from that thread, is a bit of a stretch unless your roads are perfect. At least that's what I gathered.

Spoon - if they were priced more in line with other options I'd be all over them but for me personally, I just don't have the tools to install them so I'd have to pay someone else to do it. And being completely honest, I have tools and could probably do it but I just don't want to do a spring install. At that point, with parts + labor and still retaining factory shocks, I think the main benefit would be aesthetics/looks and I just don't see the value there given what I'd spend to get them on. I totally get why others would see value there so just understand this is only my opinion, not me trying to say what's best. And maybe I'm overthinking the install bit.

On the other hand, if I stretch the budget, save up for a bit, and go for a very good coilover setup, not only can I install those myself, but I get better shock performance and can dial in the looks I want and still see a performance increase from lowering it. So to me, it's just a matter of being content with what is honestly a very good stock suspension setup until I can afford to address all of the elements I'm considering here.

I hope that makes sense. I'm not sure it does lol, but at least in my head it seems like a sound approach.

Cliff's notes - given the options available, to me it's not worth the expense and compromise just a lowering spring creates, and the fact I'm not so unhappy with the looks and performance of the stock setup to warrant just lowering it for looks, that I'd rather do a full spring/shock overhaul or I'll just leave it OEM.
you have some good points there.
I have lowered my sport hatch and just got my type R. I feel like i am driving a suv now.. haha.. that's why i am thinking to lower but it will be paired with your OZ wheels set up.. i dont think i have any room to lower at all without rubbing.

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
I have the same wheels with 265/35 ps4s and Im pleased with the stance at the factory ride height

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 x 9.5" Regamaster EVO II with PS4S 255/40-18 IMG_1592 2

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
Is there anyway to fit 265/40/R18 PS4S's on these rims or would that be too tall?
Sponsored