18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan?

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the Sedan may need 19's to have a nice stance to it. (not to be confused with "OMG SO COOL!! STANCED FITMENT!")
I put my FRS wheels on the Civic just to see how it would look and they still look too small. Wheel size for the Civic is tough IMO because the shape of the front end goes pretty low that it may match 18 inch wheels, but the rear end is bigger and may make 18 inch wheels look like 16 or 17's. I wish I had some 19 inch wheels laying around to try on but maybe some one can try it and let us all know how it goes?
Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? tango_face_smile

The wheels are 18x8 +48 Drag DR31 wheels with a 5x100 and 5x114.3 lug pattern. Tire size is 225-45-18.

Many Drag wheels will require either Spline or thinner lug nuts because of the smaller lug nut hole that is there. Regular extended lug nuts may not fit. I found out the hard way on my 8th gen civic. I took the lug nuts off of my 8th gen civic before I sold it so I was able to put the wheels down on the ground for a better view.

Of course to make the car look better, the wheel gap will have to be gone and I hope someone will sponsor me with some Coilovers
Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? tango_face_gri
so I can make that happen.

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? 20151202_150602_zpskhxggsz

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? 20151202_150554_zps0smv3xxh

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? 20151202_150612_zpskctuh6km

Donor car

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? 20151202_150627_zps1yww0ibo

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Hah you're wasting no time modifying I love it. Agreed these 18's look the same size as the stock 17" wheels. 19's would definitely fit the size of the car and the side of the wheel wells better. And why is the suspension gap look so big - are the springs not settled yet from being jacked up for the wheel fitting?

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Hah you're wasting no time modifying I love it. Agreed these 18's look the same size as the stock 17" wheels. 19's would definitely fit the size of the car and the side of the wheel wells better. And why is the suspension gap look so big - are the springs not settled yet from being jacked up for the wheel fitting?
NO time at all :D Winter time is planning and saving up for mods time..but these companies need to provide the parts! :p haha
I think that you're right about the settling from being jacked up. I didn't go back in the car and release the e-brake and all to give it a little drop again. The gap is good now though.

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
The Civic has grown in size so it's pretty much 3 series sized now, which look just right with 19's. Wonder how a staggered 18" front with 19" rear would look. The Civic has a bigger rear than front so it might balance it out.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Wheel gap looks huge in those pics, much bigger than stock. Did the suspension settle back down? Got pics? I like the wheel design but agree that 19's would fill it out better at least judging from those pictures.

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
What's the width and offset on the 18's you fitted? Looks like it's more aggressive than stock and sits more flush.

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Yea the 2016 Civic has bigger wheel wells than the 2015 so you really need bigger wheels to fill it out properly. You can see it in this comparison image.

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan? 20151202_150627_zps1yww0ibo

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
the 18's had a 8 inch width with a +48 offset. Pretty close to OEM standards.
So an inch wider and 3mm less aggressive offset. That's why it looks just a little bit more flush than stock wheels. :thumbsup:

CB22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between cars
It can be bigger but still an improvement. You planning on keeping the wheels on there or they're going back on the FRS? Like you I'd really like to see how 19's would look.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want 18s to look big, you get a wheel that has the spokes going out to the edges of the wheel. The reason the OPs 18s look small is because they have a lip on them, which makes it look more like the stock 17s.

Imo, don't get 19s unless your okay with a choppy terrible ride or having your tires way out of spec, which could mess with the electronics in the car.
Sponsored

Reactions: MMM