18 inch wheels too small for the Sedan?

1. 2slo4u

2slo4u Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic, FRS
    Looks like the Sedan may need 19's to have a nice stance to it. (not to be confused with "OMG SO COOL!! STANCED FITMENT!")
    I put my FRS wheels on the Civic just to see how it would look and they still look too small. Wheel size for the Civic is tough IMO because the shape of the front end goes pretty low that it may match 18 inch wheels, but the rear end is bigger and may make 18 inch wheels look like 16 or 17's. I wish I had some 19 inch wheels laying around to try on but maybe some one can try it and let us all know how it goes? tango_face_smile.png

The wheels are 18x8 +48 Drag DR31 wheels with a 5x100 and 5x114.3 lug pattern. Tire size is 225-45-18.

Many Drag wheels will require either Spline or thinner lug nuts because of the smaller lug nut hole that is there. Regular extended lug nuts may not fit. I found out the hard way on my 8th gen civic. I took the lug nuts off of my 8th gen civic before I sold it so I was able to put the wheels down on the ground for a better view.

Of course to make the car look better, the wheel gap will have to be gone and I hope someone will sponsor me with some Coilovers tango_face_grin.png so I can make that happen.

20151202_150602_zpskhxggszg.jpg

20151202_150554_zps0smv3xxh.jpg

20151202_150612_zpskctuh6km.jpg

Donor car

20151202_150627_zps1yww0ibo.jpg

C Note thanked this.
  2. Viet_Racer

Viet_Racer Senior Member

Car(s):
    2000 Civic EM1
    Hah you're wasting no time modifying I love it. Agreed these 18's look the same size as the stock 17" wheels. 19's would definitely fit the size of the car and the side of the wheel wells better. And why is the suspension gap look so big - are the springs not settled yet from being jacked up for the wheel fitting?

3. OP
    OP
    2slo4u

2slo4u Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic, FRS
    NO time at all :D Winter time is planning and saving up for mods time..but these companies need to provide the parts! :p haha
    I think that you're right about the settling from being jacked up. I didn't go back in the car and release the e-brake and all to give it a little drop again. The gap is good now though.

4. s2ker

s2ker Senior Member

Car(s):
    AP1 S2000
    The Civic has grown in size so it's pretty much 3 series sized now, which look just right with 19's. Wonder how a staggered 18" front with 19" rear would look. The Civic has a bigger rear than front so it might balance it out.

5. manhunt

manhunt Senior Member

Car(s):
    Hondas
    Wheel gap looks huge in those pics, much bigger than stock. Did the suspension settle back down? Got pics? I like the wheel design but agree that 19's would fill it out better at least judging from those pictures.

6. OP
    OP
    2slo4u

2slo4u Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic, FRS
  7. C Note

C Note Senior Member

Car(s):
    --
    What's the width and offset on the 18's you fitted? Looks like it's more aggressive than stock and sits more flush.

8. OP
    OP
    2slo4u

2slo4u Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic, FRS
  9. civvie

civvie Senior Member

Car(s):
    civic
    Yea the 2016 Civic has bigger wheel wells than the 2015 so you really need bigger wheels to fill it out properly. You can see it in this comparison image.

[​IMG]

10. MMM

MMM Senior Member

Car(s):
    Fit
    So an inch wider and 3mm less aggressive offset. That's why it looks just a little bit more flush than stock wheels. :thumbsup:

11. CB22

CB22 Member

Car(s):
    In between cars
    It can be bigger but still an improvement. You planning on keeping the wheels on there or they're going back on the FRS? Like you I'd really like to see how 19's would look.

12. waypastfast

waypastfast Member

Sales
    Car(s):
    In limbo
    I like these......

$_27.jpg

13. civvie

civvie Senior Member

Car(s):
    civic

+1 love the 18" 2015 Civic Si wheels. Bet these would look great on the new 2016 coupe too.

14. MMM

MMM Senior Member

Car(s):
    Fit
    Bet these would look bigger than the 18's that the OP fitted. The way these spokes get thicker as they radiate out makes the entire wheel look larger.

15. RallyeRed

RallyeRed Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring
    If you want 18s to look big, you get a wheel that has the spokes going out to the edges of the wheel. The reason the OPs 18s look small is because they have a lip on them, which makes it look more like the stock 17s.

Imo, don't get 19s unless your okay with a choppy terrible ride or having your tires way out of spec, which could mess with the electronics in the car.

MMM thanked this.