17" wheels on sport hatch

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
running 235 45 r17 tyres on my 2018 sport hatch and would like to keep this size of wheel but i want to have more of an agressive fittment.
what is the best way to achieve this? i was thinking of going to 245 50 r17 tyres to see if that would fill the arches out abit more, or would that require wheel spacers and extended bolts?

any advise be great thanks!
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
In most cases, small spacers up to larger adaptors are needed to push the wheel "out" to be flush or close to the fender lip. Depending how close to the lip can cause other issues like rubbing, especially when you hit a bump. Thats why often times, folks do two things at once:

1) Lower the car using shorter, stiffer springs
2) either add spacers/adaptors to push the stock wheels out, or upgrade to larger wheel/tire combos to better fill the fenders.

Changin from a 235/45 to a 245/50 will give you a "chunkier" looking tire, but using a tire calculator comparison tool, you will notice its only a small 3-5% difference. In the case you proposed, you would negatively impact acceleration and your speedo would read low. ( https://tiresize.com/calculator/ )