'17 Hatchback Sport - What I've done and have planned next..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Hello All
New to the forum. I wanted to post the upgrades I have done to my Sport and what's next.
My latest vehicle is a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, CVT, Lunar Silver, Black rims.
Accessories Added:
  • Bra (Full Nose Mask) - Yes, I still call it a bra and I've had them on my cars for years. With proper maintenance they do not do the horror story damage that everyone proclaims. I have always liked the look of a bra.
  • Vent Visors - Never had these before, but I liked the look on my son's 2015 Subaru Impreza. Wife liked them on the new Sport so we added them on her '13 Civic LX.
  • Remote Start - After market - Compustar. The unknown bonus is that the original key fob will continue to function as normal. You can even remote start and unlock the car with the original fob.
  • Tinted windows - 50% front, 35% elsewhere, still legal for Ohio
  • Rear Bumper Protector - basically a black plastic adhesive backed piece that helps protect the bumper when loading stuff in the hatch
  • Weathertech Floor Mats - Front and rear
  • Civic Cargo area tray
  • Honda Seat belt covers
  • GTCovers (ordered)- Front and rear - Exotic - Carbon Fiber pattern
What's next? I have ordered the Injen CAI (SP1572BLK). Injen claims gains up to 23 hp. Yeah, I dunno about that. For $194 I figured it was worth a go. I put an Injen on my 2012 Honda Civic EX-L w/NAV along with a Borla exhaust. Result??... I traded it in for a Hatchback!

Question is: Who has added this or any other CAI and what were your results/impressions?

What else to do? Thinking about winter rims and snow tires, but the last few days in Ohio I have managed to get around OK. Just looking more so to protect the nice black rims.

This is all designed to hold me over until the R Type comes out! ;-)

Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen '17 Hatchback Sport - What I've done and have planned next.. FullSizeRender
Sponsored

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Looks real nice! That bra looks very clean and tailored, I am not used to seeing them in that good of shape! I have been going back and forth about getting the door visors since I am a smoker but I'm just not sold on them yet. Did you get the factory visors? If so is there any noise or rattle coming from them?

Might as well wait until next year to get the snow tires. I'm in Indiana and with the winter we are having I am not sure we are going to get enough snow to warrant it. I am totally cool with that as well!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Looks real nice! That bra looks very clean and tailored, I am not used to seeing them in that good of shape! I have been going back and forth about getting the door visors since I am a smoker but I'm just not sold on them yet. Did you get the factor visors? If so is there any noise or rattle coming from them?

Might as well wait until next year to get the snow tires. I'm in Indiana and with the winter we are having I am not sure we are going to get enough snow to warrant it. I am totally cool with that as well!
Yes, I did get the Honda visors. Seem to be pretty solid. I travel the highway daily and haven't noticed any noise. Bra is Honda as well. They didn't quite get the design right for the Sport model. Very bottom right and left sides have a clip that cannot be attached due to the front lip spoiler. Still decent though. Have to McGyver it some day.

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you post more pics of the visors? I've been debating on getting them on my hatch but there aren't really any pictures of them installed.

fire01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017
What kind of remoter u installed? And you how? Tks

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you post more pics of the visors? I've been debating on getting them on my hatch but there aren't really any pictures of them installed.
Honda Civic 10th gen '17 Hatchback Sport - What I've done and have planned next.. IMG_6269.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen '17 Hatchback Sport - What I've done and have planned next.. IMG_6270.JPG

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rarely see Bra's, once in the last few years.

I got the Side Window Vents included, my first as my current and last vehicles weren't available from WeatherTech.

Looks great.

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just noticed that your visors have the chrome trim, was there a sport version that has the black trim? When I was looking at parts I didn't see any listed for the Sport/Sport Touring.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just noticed that your visors have the chrome trim, was there a sport version that has the black trim? When I was looking at parts I didn't see any listed for the Sport/Sport Touring.
No Sports trim version.

View attachment 26900

Last edited:

mercedes

First Name
Mercedes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport (6-speed Manual Transmission)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello All
New to the forum. I wanted to post the upgrades I have done to my Sport and what's next.
My latest vehicle is a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, CVT, Lunar Silver, Black rims.
Accessories Added:
  • Bra (Full Nose Mask) - Yes, I still call it a bra and I've had them on my cars for years. With proper maintenance they do not do the horror story damage that everyone proclaims. I have always liked the look of a bra.
  • Vent Visors - Never had these before, but I liked the look on my son's 2015 Subaru Impreza. Wife liked them on the new Sport so we added them on her '13 Civic LX.
  • Remote Start - After market - Compustar. The unknown bonus is that the original key fob will continue to function as normal. You can even remote start and unlock the car with the original fob.
  • Tinted windows - 50% front, 35% elsewhere, still legal for Ohio
  • Rear Bumper Protector - basically a black plastic adhesive backed piece that helps protect the bumper when loading stuff in the hatch
  • Weathertech Floor Mats - Front and rear
  • Civic Cargo area tray
  • Honda Seat belt covers
  • GTCovers (ordered)- Front and rear - Exotic - Carbon Fiber pattern
What's next? I have ordered the Injen CAI (SP1572BLK). Injen claims gains up to 23 hp. Yeah, I dunno about that. For $194 I figured it was worth a go. I put an Injen on my 2012 Honda Civic EX-L w/NAV along with a Borla exhaust. Result??... I traded it in for a Hatchback!

Question is: Who has added this or any other CAI and what were your results/impressions?

What else to do? Thinking about winter rims and snow tires, but the last few days in Ohio I have managed to get around OK. Just looking more so to protect the nice black rims.

This is all designed to hold me over until the R Type comes out! ;-)

Thanks!

FullSizeRender.jpg
Wow super clean. I love it!
I’m looking into getting a bra for my car too since the season is coming up for it.
Are the fog lights fitment on the OEM bra the correct for the sport?
I’ve been looking for this online and no one seems to know