danielhihi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback ex model
Country flag
I am looking to get a new muffler or resonator for my civic ex hatchback. Not looking for a full pipe because of the budget. Most were for the si or sports model. I found out that there was only a muffler that may fit non sport hatchback. The link is below:
https://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Products-11365-Muffler/dp/B000XQM1LM
I am not sure if I only purchase two of these and get a shop to do for me or I need to purchase any tools besides that. Or if anyone has done this kind of modification please share it with me, that will be really helpful.
Sponsored

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just had a shop replace my stock mufflers with these exact mufflers yesterday. They sound good. They aren’t very loud, but you can hear them have a nice low rumble at idle a when stepping on the gas.

I’m considering doing a resonator delete or swap to see if that adds a little more volume to it.

OP
OP
danielhihi

danielhihi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback ex model
Country flag
Thank you @se7encrows. Do you have the same hatchback model and did you purchase any additional pipes for it to put together? Will the vibrant noise be significant louder compare to stock?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thank you @se7encrows. Do you have the same hatchback model and did you purchase any additional pipes for it to put together? Will the vibrant noise be significant louder compare to stock?

So oddly enough, on day 2 the mufflers have really started to sound throaty. They have a nice growl to them that is not obnoxious.
I have a non-hatchback sedan. I did a little looking online and they say the Magnaflow mufflers have a break in period where they come into their own. They become a little louder and deeper. I can already see that happening. I’m going to keep my stock resonator for now to see how this sounds after a few hundred miles. If you do this as well, I suggest holding off on anything resonator related until you hear it.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
So oddly enough, on day 2 the mufflers have really started to sound throaty. They have a nice growl to them that is not obnoxious.
I have a non-hatchback sedan. I did a little looking online and they say the Magnaflow mufflers have a break in period where they come into their own. They become a little louder and deeper. I can already see that happening. I’m going to keep my stock resonator for now to see how this sounds after a few hundred miles. If you do this as well, I suggest holding off on anything resonator related until you hear it.
All mufflers/exhaust components change over time as "soot" builds up on the interior. Catless downpipe was "pingy" like crazy on install, but after a couple months started sounding "throaty", and after a year sounds very solid. Can't say it becomes louder. More clean and aggressive.

OP
OP
danielhihi

danielhihi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback ex model
Country flag
Hi @se7encrows, thanks for the reply. Is there any drone in the cabin or is it really loud inside the car? Is there any chance that you can upload a short video clip with the sound? I try to find video clips but there weren't any.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi @se7encrows, thanks for the reply. Is there any drone in the cabin or is it really loud inside the car? Is there any chance that you can upload a short video clip with the sound? I try to find video clips but there weren't any.
Been working the last few days. Heading out of town this morning so hopefully these mufflers will get some good miles on them. I’ll try and post a video this weekend.

OP
OP
danielhihi

danielhihi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback ex model
Country flag
Been working the last few days. Heading out of town this morning so hopefully these mufflers will get some good miles on them. I’ll try and post a video this weekend.
@se7encrows Thank you for reply. I just want to make sure that the sound is what I am looking for before purchase. Quick question did you get a tips for the muffler, if so do you have the link?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
@se7encrows Thank you for reply. I just want to make sure that the sound is what I am looking for before purchase. Quick question did you get a tips for the muffler, if so do you have the link?
The muffler place had tips they welded on. I’ll try and grab a video today and upload it. It’ll be a cold start. I don’t really have a way to record the exterior while driving.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Here's the best I could do. Recorded on my phone. It's hard to tell how loud it is on the video. You can get an idea of how deep the sound is though. I feel like it's much louder than what you hear in the videos.

Hope this helps.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Looks and sounds great! any drone?
I’m still getting used to a car with a deeper tone. So my driving has been erratic. A lot of rapid accelerations and driving in sport mode. My trip the other day which consisted of an hour and half of 75 mph driving had no audible drone and that was around 2.5k rpm. I am tuned with KTuner as well. A tweaked version of their dual 21 map if you wanted to know that.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I’m still getting used to a car with a deeper tone. So my driving has been erratic. A lot of rapid accelerations and driving in sport mode. My trip the other day which consisted of an hour and half of 75 mph driving had no audible drone and that was around 2.5k rpm. I am tuned with KTuner as well. A tweaked version of their dual 21 map if you wanted to know that.
got a question! Did you bring those mufflers to the shop to have them installed or did the muffler shop reccommend you that part for your car?
Sponsored