17 Civic chirps 3 times at me for no reason

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
anyone know what the 3 chirps in a row means when you get out of your car and close the door. it does it when the car is on and when the car is off. not really sure what its trying to tell me.
Sponsored

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it does that when you leave the key inside the car.

Or when you get out of the car with the engine running and walk away.

captainchadl

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is the auto-lock when you walk away. The key would be in my pocket and I will walk to the back of the car and open the trunk and the car would chirp at me as I walk around the car. I disabled the "auto-lock when I walk away" on my 2018 civic and it no longer chirps at me. I would rather disable it rather than listen to that annoying beeping in my ear. It kept happing more frequently until I disabled it.

OP
OP
pjw7454

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
It is the auto-lock when you walk away. The key would be in my pocket and I will walk to the back of the car and open the trunk and the car would chirp at me as I walk around the car. I disabled the "auto-lock when I walk away" on my 2018 civic and it no longer chirps at me. I would rather disable it rather than listen to that annoying beeping in my ear. It kept happing more frequently until I disabled it.
Oh well that’s gonna suck if mine breaks down.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh well that’s gonna suck if mine breaks down.
It’s the walk away auto-lock failing to initiate to lock the car and letting you know.

It has logic around the range and amount of time passed, including being inside the car or too far from the car after so much time, after you’ve opened/closed the door and if all the prequsites aren’t met it doesn’t lock.

Exactly what those are aren’t detailed publically.

It’s annoying.
But better for it to not lock and loudly announce that it didn’t when you do want it to.
Than for it to ever lock in a scenario when you didn’t want it to, which doesn’t seem to be an issue.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It’s the walk away auto-lock failing to initiate to lock the car and letting you know.

It has logic around the range and amount of time passed, including being inside the car or too far from the car after so much time, after you’ve opened/closed the door and if all the prequsites aren’t met it doesn’t lock.

Exactly what those are aren’t detailed publically.

It’s annoying.
But better for it to not lock and loudly announce that it didn’t when you do want it to.
Than for it to ever lock in a scenario when you didn’t want it to, which doesn’t seem to be an issue.
I believe the auto-lock is just one "Cheep"
The Triple (Multiple) cheep is something else, - some sort of warning, but so far, to me, it is not clear what the car is trying to tell me.

It seems to happen rarely, when I am walking away from the car, about 10 feet away.
Engine off, all doors securely closed, trunk closed, hood closed.
If I walk back to the car, and unlock it (would appear to be locked after the multiple cheep), and then walk away again, it typically locks with a single "Cheep" at the same 10 ft distance.
Fob battery is original, so maybe that is the issue .. easy check.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
The Triple (Multiple) cheep is something else, - some sort of warning, but so far, to me, it is not clear what the car is trying to tell me.

It seems to happen rarely, when I am walking away from the car, about 10 feet away.
If I walk back to the car, and unlock it (would appear to be locked after the multiple cheep), and then walk away again, it typically locks with a single "Cheep" at the same 10 ft distance.
Nope.
It’s the walk away auto lock telling you it didn’t auto lock. 100%

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
SCOPESYS said: ↑

Nope.
It’s the walk away auto lock telling you it didn’t auto lock. 100%
That's what I said -- :doh:

Some sort of warning: ie auto lock telling you it didn’t auto lock.
A "GOOD" autolock is just one Beep.

OP
OP
pjw7454

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
That's what I said -- :doh:

Some sort of warning: ie auto lock telling you it didn’t auto lock.
A "GOOD" autolock is just one Beep.
Alright thanks that answers my question
Sponsored