Nick2018Si

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
has anyone tried to put a 16 inch wheel on our Si’s. The wheel I have came off a 2016 civic lx but do you know if it’ll clear the larger disc brakes on the Si?
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most likely not. I think Tire Rack offered one 16” steelie that they said would fit, but it was aftermarket. I’m pretty sure all other 16” wheels will not clear the caliper.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Test fit it yourself if feasible. If not, have a shop test fit it.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
has anyone tried to put a 16 inch wheel on our Si’s. The wheel I have came off a 2016 civic lx but do you know if it’ll clear the larger disc brakes on the Si?
The Honda 17" wheels onlly JUST fit on the Front. (I Tried one ..)
I really cannot see the 16" ones clearing the Calipers (But I have not tried a Honda 16" myself)

The 16" should fit on the Rear.

If you really want to put Sub 17" wheels on the Front of the SI, you will most likely need to swap out the calipers with some comparable stopping power, but lower profile Calipers.
(They do exist .. :) )

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
The Honda 17" wheels onlly JUST fit on the Front. (I Tried one ..)
I really cannot see the 16" ones clearing the Calipers (But I have not tried a Honda 16" myself)

The 16" should fit on the Rear.

If you really want to put Sub 17" wheels on the Front of the SI, you will most likely need to swap out the calipers with some comparable stopping power, but lower profile Calipers.
(They do exist .. :) )
Seems like a lot of work for nothing. A spare tire kit is cheaper lol

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Seems like a lot of work for nothing. A spare tire kit is cheaper lol
?????

Depends on what you call "a lot of work" or "nothing"

If you want to fit sub 17" wheels on the front of an Si, you don't really have any other option but to get smaller diameter calipers.

Most things in life, worth doing, take a little effort.

And actually, the cost of a spare tire kit is about the same as updated smaller diameter front calipers, not that any of this really has anything to do with what the OP was asking ;)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
?????

Depends on what you call "a lot of work" or "nothing"

If you want to fit sub 17" wheels on the front of an Si, you don't really have any other option but to get smaller diameter calipers.

Most things in life, worth doing, take a little effort.

And actually, the cost of a spare tire kit is about the same as updated smaller diameter front calipers, not that any of this really has anything to do with what the OP was asking ;)
I knew that was coming lol... I just couldn't think of another reason to run such a small wheel on an Si :dunno:
Sponsored