'16 Civic Rattle in Center Console

dogballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL Sensing
Hi - did some searching before posting as I could not find a related thread. I have about 450 miles on my EXL Sensing. Yesterday I noticed a rattle around the heated seat buttons during acceleration from a stop. I have tried pressing/holding everything and I cannot stop it from occurring. Nothing seems to be loose or out of alignment. Ruled out something in the cup holders, the glove box + pulled all of the phone cables from the cubby thing - even closed those usb and charger covers.

Wondering if anyone has seen this problem before - thanks...
Sponsored

OP
OP

dogballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all - just rolled over 1k miles and brought car into Honda to research the rattle. Looks like it was the transmission cable and the grommet it runs through which is under the center dash. They called Honda and they informed them to replace and see how it goes. Hope to pick up tomorrow - and hope they are not additional rattles/gaps/etc since everything is pulled apart.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm getting a rattle somewhere in the center dash when the rpm is around 1800-2000. I haven't brought it because I don't think it's worth them having to take the dash apart to find the rattle.

Do you know how they found the issue?

OP
OP

dogballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hi yes it was the transmission cable as it passed through the firewall. it was enough to hear but holding break while in drive and slightly applying gas - not sure if you can recreate that way - of course be careful

AlbertVu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have notice a creaking/squeaking noise coming from the center storage area. For me the noise come from between the plastic part and the part with tissue trim. Didn't bring it to the dealer yet havent got a moment...

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
can you please upload a picture of your service papers??? i’m having the exact same problem
Sponsored