15mm wheels spacers???

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi i was thinking about putting some 15mm hubcentric spacers for my stock sport wheels....anything i have to worry about or check before doing so?
Sponsored

OP
OP
hfpdohc

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i like the idea..but definitly dont want to rub in any way on big dips(because its everywhere i live)

Deleted member 24192

i like the idea..but definitly dont want to rub in any way on big dips(because its everywhere i live)
I have the Bloxsport 15mm spacers all around. The car's not lowered as of now, and I think I may not lower it (lived with a lowered Type S for 12 years). The spacers have studs on them, and the stock ones were trimmed to make room for the stock wheel. I wanted to make the car more stable, but not through lowering. The car also looks better with the wheels near the fender line, even if there's a few fingers of space between the tire and the arch.

I decided against 20mm for two reasons: 1) I don't want to create any more stress on the axle by pushing the wheels out, and 15mm seems to be a good compromise of function and form IMO. 2) The wheels don't look flush to me with 20mm. They look like they're slightly bulging out. There's a term for that, and I won't say it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
hfpdohc

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice thanks for the reply!!

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I have the Bloxsport 15mm spacers all around. The car's not lowered as of now, and I think I may not lower it (lived with a lowered Type S for 12 years). The spacers have studs on them, and the stock ones were trimmed to make room for the stock wheel. I wanted to make the car more stable, but not through lowering. The car also looks better with the wheels near the fender line, even if there's a few fingers of space between the tire and the arch.

I decided against 20mm for two reasons: 1) I don't want to create any more stress on the axle by pushing the wheels out, and 15mm seems to be a good compromise of function and form IMO. 2) The wheels don't look flush to me with 20mm. They look like they're slightly bulging out. There's a term for that, and I won't say it :)
How much did you have to trim the stock studs for the 15mm spacers?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running 20mm spacers up front, and 25mm spacers in the rear (recommended set up for a Si)
I have absolutely NO rubbing issues (I'm not lowered) ... and it creates a flush (almost muscular, in my opinion) look.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just make sure when buying wheel spacers they are from a reputable brand and not off eBay.. unless it’s reputable brand on eBay. Especially with spacers with wheel stud bolts. Last thing you want to do is hit a bump and crack all your studs because the manufacture used cheap metals and your wheel rolls off. Of course the obvious, if using stock tires still get hub centric spacers, could get away with universal one’s with some aftermarket tires because the conical lug nuts center the wheel.. but still go for hub centric spacers whenever possible is my advice.
Sponsored