Vehicle Showcase

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Good look guys!!!
I just ordered Ktuner with 15% off bc of this post!!!

$381!

Last edited:

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Good look guys!!!
I just ordered Ktuner with 15% off bc of this post!!!

Aw jeez. My SI isn't even 2 weeks old. I figured I'd end up with tuner some day... but now I'm tempted to dive in. Seems like the feedback is Ktuner slightly better than Hondata? What is diff between v 1.2 and v 2.0?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Aw jeez. My SI isn't even 2 weeks old. I figured I'd end up with tuner some day... but now I'm tempted to dive in. Seems like the feedback is Ktuner slightly better than Hondata? What is diff between v 1.2 and v 2.0?
I bought my Civic new 2 months ago and everyone keeps saying the Ktuner is night and day over stock so I couldn't resist. Also my understanding is that if something bad happens u can reflash the ECU back to stock for warranty reasons before taking into the dealership.

Also I think the only difference is the V2 comes with a small monitor display to use to adjust or watch data.
The V1.2 u have to connect it to a laptop for that

jely1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I bought my Civic new 2 months ago and everyone keeps saying the Ktuner is night and day over stock so I couldn't resist. Also my understanding is that if something bad happens u can reflash the ECU back to stock for warranty reasons before taking into the dealership.

Also I think the only difference is the V2 comes with a small monitor display to use to adjust or watch data.
The V1.2 u have to connect it to a laptop for that
It should be noted that if you have a major failure and you flash your ECU back to stock before bringing it to the dealer , the dealer is going to question why you don't have any drive cycle data or readiness status.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
It should be noted that if you have a major failure and you flash your ECU back to stock before bringing it to the dealer , the dealer is going to question why you don't have any drive cycle data or readiness status.
Will cross that road if that ever happens lol. Always the chance with modifing a car, especially with a tuner

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll have to sit this one out.... Damn you Christmas!

jely1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will cross that road if that ever happens lol. Always the chance with modifing a car, especially with a tuner
Point is they probably aren't going to honor your warranty if it's engine or tranny related so why even bother flashing it back

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Point is they probably aren't going to honor your warranty if it's engine or tranny related so why even bother flashing it back
Bc how can they prove I did something to the ECU to cause it? Yes I know they may see that there was no data at the time whatever incident happened but they have to be able to prove I did something to cause thus issue. I worked for Chevy for 7yrs as a tech and numerous times Diesels would come in with issues and a tuner would be hooked up sitting on the dash. Most of the time we could prove the problem was a result from that. BUT there were other times where we could tell there was a possibility that a tuner may have been on a vehicle at some point BUT it wasn't any more (reflashed back to stock parameters and tuner removed from vehicle) and we couldn't prove it, thus parts and labor we're covered under warranty.

Your not talking to a car "rookie"
Dealerships will do a lot of bullshit to try to get out of any warranty issue. Guess what, I'll do a lot of bullshit to get that warranty.

Thanks for your input tho.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha, collecting parts for my Galant's intake manifold swap project, got the replacing throttle body for a better price :D

jely1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bc how can they prove I did something to the ECU to cause it? Yes I know they may see that there was no data at the time whatever incident happened but they have to be able to prove I did something to cause thus issue. I worked for Chevy for 7yrs as a tech and numerous times Diesels would come in with issues and a tuner would be hooked up sitting on the dash. Most of the time we could prove the problem was a result from that. BUT there were other times where we could tell there was a possibility that a tuner may have been on a vehicle at some point BUT it wasn't any more (reflashed back to stock parameters and tuner removed from vehicle) and we couldn't prove it, thus parts and labor we're covered under warranty.

Your not talking to a car "rookie"
Dealerships will do a lot of bullshit to try to get out of any warranty issue. Guess what, I'll do a lot of bullshit to get that warranty.

Thanks for your input tho.
"Two of the drive recorder functions of the engine control unit were extended. First, a function was added that can use the vehicle diagnostic tool to freely generate a conditional expression that will record snapshot data as well as to enable modification of the conditional expression. Several patterns of conditional expressions were prepared in advance so that they could be combined to generate the conditional expressions that assure the capability to record the desired phenomena. Next, the system was configured to allow the snapshot data to be transmitted to a server external to the vehicle. The wireless network functionality of the Display Audio unit is used for transmission to the server, and the snapshot data is transmitted from the engine control unit to the Display Audio unit by divided transmission to enable the large volume of data to be handled for transmission between vehicle units, which are intended to handle small volumes of data. This was also done using simplex transmission in order to limit bus load increase on the transmission line. Measures were taken against data loss, as well, by providing for retransmission of the snapshot data even if the transmission is interrupted due to interruption of the power supply or other such reason."

Just so you're aware of what Honda is doing now.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
"Two of the drive recorder functions of the engine control unit were extended. First, a function was added that can use the vehicle diagnostic tool to freely generate a conditional expression that will record snapshot data as well as to enable modification of the conditional expression. Several patterns of conditional expressions were prepared in advance so that they could be combined to generate the conditional expressions that assure the capability to record the desired phenomena. Next, the system was configured to allow the snapshot data to be transmitted to a server external to the vehicle. The wireless network functionality of the Display Audio unit is used for transmission to the server, and the snapshot data is transmitted from the engine control unit to the Display Audio unit by divided transmission to enable the large volume of data to be handled for transmission between vehicle units, which are intended to handle small volumes of data. This was also done using simplex transmission in order to limit bus load increase on the transmission line. Measures were taken against data loss, as well, by providing for retransmission of the snapshot data even if the transmission is interrupted due to interruption of the power supply or other such reason."

Just so you're aware of what Honda is doing now.
Snapshoting and having computers talk, store, and send information via bus is nothing new. Again they might be able to pull stuff up and see "there's things that happened out of parameters here" but they can't at that point say me as a customer caused this from a tuner.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh boy, time to take the plunge!
Sponsored