10th Gen Si Owner Abuses and Blows Motor

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw the link so I came here and posted it. Now I started watching the first two minutes and he mentions a friend hooked him up with this company and they are doing a video on the whole build with all the internals. So with all of his followers and the views he gets, how much you want to bet this might be a freebie from a new sponsor. That’s just a guess. And I’m not saying he blew his motor on purpose, BUT R&D does make you push boundaries to make you move to the next phase of development. He now knows what a stock motor can handle, and now with new internals, how much more can he go.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I saw the link so I came here and posted it. Now I started watching the first two minutes and he mentions a friend hooked him up with this company and they are doing a video on the whole build with all the internals. So with all of his followers and the views he gets, how much you want to bet this might be a freebie from a new sponsor. That’s just a guess. And I’m not saying he blew his motor on purpose, BUT R&D does make you push boundaries to make you move to the next phase of development. He now knows what a stock motor can handle, and now with new internals, how much more can he go.
HA ha ha now he can test the limits of his new motor on the sponsors dime! Maybe I should start a Youtube channel and blow my engine for all the world to see...funny thing is he said in a previous video (posted at the beginning of this thread) that it was all coming out of his pocket

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. Better pistons and rods aside... I wonder how long any of it will last (or his poor valves) if he's running lean at WOT on full E85.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess im just comparing it to a previous platform of mines.. I had a 2005 SRT-4 (yes a neon) lol I pushed it to 450hp and around 460tq and I raced very often but I took good care of it when it came to maintenance. Oil change every 3k I had alot of fun with the car but took good care of it. when I sold the car in 2014 I was at 130k miles original motor and tranny and still running great the motor was a 2.4 so again a bigger displacement then a 1.5 so I guess its true what they say theres no replacement for displacement lol. .
You had 187.5hp / litre out of that engine, which in the case of the engine of the Civic would translate to a total output of 281 hp.
385hp from an 1.5 litre engine equates to 257hp per litre.
To put that into perspective, that would mean 616hp from a 2.4 litre or ~1300 hp from a 5.0 litre. On a stock engine:).
Does 385hp out of a stock 1.5 litre engine still sounds like too little power?

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
You had 187.5hp / litre out of that engine, which in the case of the engine of the Civic would translate to a total output of 281 hp.
385hp from an 1.5 litre engine equates to 257hp per litre.
To put that into perspective, that would mean 616hp from a 2.4 litre or ~1300 hp from a 5.0 litre. On a stock engine:).
Does 385hp out of a stock 1.5 litre engine still sounds like too little power?
Not at all and to be quite honest I would not even use all that hp much its more of a mental thing of wanting my Si to be faster then my SRT-4 was lol. Like ive said before im not bashing the Si and if im coming off that way I apologize I love the Si I just know how it is when you get the mod bug you want more and more and more lol. I actually havent started modding my Si because im waiting to see what other clutch options come out I hope ACT comes out with something for us soon.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not at all and to be quite honest I would not even use all that hp much its more of a mental thing of wanting my Si to be faster then my SRT-4 was lol. Like ive said before im not bashing the Si and if im coming off that way I apologize I love the Si I just know how it is when you get the mod bug you want more and more and more lol. I actually havent started modding my Si because im waiting to see what other clutch options come out I hope ACT comes out with something for us soon.
If you are not looking to turn your Si into a super car, just do the following inexpensive things and you will be happy:

1. Drop in a K&N filter or similar AEM dryflow filter if you don't like the oiled ones ($49)
2. Change out the OEM MT fluid for Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid ($16 per bottle, you need 2x plus 2x crush washer at .25 cents ea)
3. Ktuner with TSP Stage 1 tune, $449. Use Map 1 for normal driving, Map 2 for more sporty driving, and Map 3 for insanely fast driving (use the last two sparingly)

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
If you are not looking to turn your Si into a super car, just do the following inexpensive things and you will be happy:

1. Drop in a K&N filter or similar AEM dryflow filter if you don't like the oiled ones ($49)
2. Change out the OEM MT fluid for Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid ($16 per bottle, you need 2x plus 2x crush washer at .25 cents ea)
3. Ktuner with TSP Stage 1 tune, $449. Use Map 1 for normal driving, Map 2 for more sporty driving, and Map 3 for insanely fast driving (use the last two sparingly)
can you please link the crush washers for changing out the MTF to Amsoil. Please post part numbers if possible

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
can you please link the crush washers for changing out the MTF to Amsoil. Please post part numbers if possible
For the part numbers for the crush washers, please search my thread on Amsoil Synchromesh, there I posted it

KhennP

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I am thinking of doing a full bolt on with tsp flex fuel kit and tsp stage 2.Seeing as the tsp stage 2 already runs 327tq with 0 bolt ons do you guys think im still going to be in the safe zone? I do plan on running prls big turbo kit in the future but i am most likely going to upgrade internals before a turbo upgrade. Im no mechanic and its my first time modding a car so any feedback and tips are much appreciated. Thank you!

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I am thinking of doing a full bolt on with tsp flex fuel kit and tsp stage 2.Seeing as the tsp stage 2 already runs 327tq with 0 bolt ons do you guys think im still going to be in the safe zone? I do plan on running prls big turbo kit in the future but i am most likely going to upgrade internals before a turbo upgrade. Im no mechanic and its my first time modding a car so any feedback and tips are much appreciated. Thank you!
I’ve been running the tsp stage 2 for the past 6 months with no issues aside from faster tire wear :cool:.
You’ll need a clutch though

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
you guys see that shit? he had enough boost in there to blow himself up, period.

its no surprise his engine went kaboom!

BlownSI

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2014 Yamaha R6
Country flag
And here I am stock SI, and my engine failed at 61,000 miles.

Just.
Outside.
My.
Warranty.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And here I am stock SI, and my engine failed at 61,000 miles.

Just.
Outside.
My.
Warranty.
Completely stock? Serviced regularly?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
What about the extended warranty that was sent out ? I don’t think what state you live in should have any bearing on that. What if someone moves to another state that Honda did extend the warranty for from one that did not? Doesn’t make any sense.
Sponsored