10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Everyone and Thanks for stopping by.

I've been getting a lot of requests for a install guide for the Map Lights, Rear Dome and Trunk LEDs.

Alright lets begin.

Tools: Something flat and plastic. Anything really. as long as its long and flat.
Difficulty: Easy (1/5 stars)
Product: TypeRLEDs.com or your choice of LEDs. (hehe)

Step 1: Map Lights
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) IMG_20180430_095904-XL

Step 2: Push in the Map Light as if you were turning it on. Push it again to turn it off but this time HOLD it in.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) IMG_20180430_095927-XL

Step:3 Insert your flat tool. into the opening of the map light cover.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) IMG_20180430_100212-XL

Step 4: Gently pry the cover off the hinges. Should pop out. and reveal the bulb. Replace the bulb with your LED and you're done :]
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) IMG_20180430_100230-X2

Dome LED Panel Install:

Step 1: Dome light cover
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) OthUyFk

Step 2: On the opposite side of the switch. there are small grooves you can see. Take your flat tool and wedge it between the cover and the outside gray trim.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) d1r3eQ5

Step 3: Slightly pry and it will remove the cover. Once remove you can install your LED light or LED PANEL. Lay the LED Panel flat on the cover and centered. Then reinstall the cover. and you should be finished.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) vrtbVWF

TRUNK: loocate your trunk light. Look for a groove or indention in the plastic housing.

It should be on the short side of the rectangular housing. Insert your flat tool and pry open. The housing should come off.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions or anything to add feel free to do so :]

Last edited:
OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the difference between the super bright trunk option vs the regular?

Have a look at this photo!
The Super Bright options offers a larger amount if LEDs directed straight to the trunk.
When installing these it is highly suggested you remove the housing from the plug and install the LED. Make sure it is seated properly and making good contact.

As always seek professional help.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Garage: Interior LED install (MapLights, Dome, Trunk/Cargo) IMG_20190726_031740

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just ordered mine. I can't wait to see how these feel in my 2017 Hatchback LX!

When installing these it is highly suggested you remove the housing from the plug and install the LED. Make sure it is seated properly and making good contact.
What do you mean by "remove the housing from the plug"?

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered mine. I can't wait to see how these feel in my 2017 Hatchback LX!

What do you mean by "remove the housing from the plug"?
Thank you for your order!

When you access the trunk light. You have to pop out the housing. When you do this it will be connected by a plug/wires. Unplug the connection. This way you will not be installing the LED into a live connection.

As for install any LEDs. Make sure that everything is powered off. You can cause damage it blow a fuse if you install when it still has power running through it.

As always seek professional help.

Thanks!

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
As for install any LEDs. Make sure that everything is powered off. You can cause damage it blow a fuse if you install when it still has power running through it.
For maximum safety, would you recommend disconnecting one of the battery terminals in the hood of the car? Also, when handling these LEDs, should I have gloves on so my oils don't contaminate the lens surface? Thanks for replying!

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just did all including reverse upgraded lights. If anyone needs help. The truck I did it from the back of the light, I believe it's one piece, no removable cover. Either way easy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.