Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have released the software traction control for the 10th gen Civic, so now this is available for the FK8, Si and non Si models. This was released about a month ago for the FK8 and has been very well received.

This is software based traction control using the ABS wheel speed sensors. It works the same as our Traction Control, except that there is no wiring involved and it is free.

Why use this over the factory VSA? The difference between Hondata software traction control and factory VSA is that the factory VSA reduces power by the so called 'slow torque' method. This means that it will close the throttle plate and with turbo vehicles, reduce boost. The 'slow torque' method is slow to both reduce power and bring back in power once the wheel slip is reduced. Hondata software traction control reduces power to the 'fast torque' method, which is basically retarding the ignition timing to reduce power. The advantage of this method is that the power reduction is instant and also the power and be bought back in instantly. The disadvantage of fast torque reduction is that at high power reduction levels the engine will misfire, which causes no damage but will make the exhaust pop, which is unacceptable for OEM applications. Also the Hondata software traction is under your control whereas the factory VSA is fixed in parameters and operation.

Do I need to switch off the factory VSA? No.

Will it work in wet and dry conditions? Yes.

Can it be disabled? Via the software and uploading or switch on cruise control main.

How do I get this version? Download from our website under software or from within the FlashProManager ''check for updates'. You need 3.3.6 or later.

Here's the FK8 write up and video https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-fk8-traction-control-hondata-flashpro.34843/

Working off the FK8 we have revised the cornering compensation table and extended the range of the launch slip table based on testing on the 17 Si and 17 CVT.
Sponsored

Xtianity18

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si 2018 sedan
Country flag
What do you mean by not acceptable by oem applications? Sorry i just got my hondata and dont know much about these things