10th Gen Civic Touring Question

ops_it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey Guys,I have a quick question in regards to the 10th generation civic, I have a civic 2018 touring (1.5L engine), and I noticed that whenever I have AC or the defrost selected and I slow down after moving I can hear the fan and the compressor come back on again, this happens all the time when Im moving and finally slow down, is the compressor in the 10th generation civic supposed to disengage when the car accelerates? I noticed the fan for the compressor always begins to turn on again as soon as I come to a slow down and full stop. Does this happen for your 10th gen civic?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My understanding is that the system is variable and not like the on/off systems from back in the day.

Using auto mode may cause this situation to happen more frequently.

I believe that the system adjusts the fan/compressor in an attempt to maintain a constant temp. Lower engine RPMs would, potentially, lower the system's capacity/ability to do this. And may cause the fan speed to increase.

OP
OP

ops_it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
My understanding is that the system is variable and not like the on/off systems from back in the day.

Using auto mode may cause this situation to happen more frequently.

I believe that the system adjusts the fan/compressor in an attempt to maintain a constant temp. Lower engine RPMs would, potentially, lower the system's capacity/ability to do this. And may cause the fan speed to increase.
perfect! thanks for explanation , just wanted to make sure the behaviour was normal :)
Sponsored