10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe ex-t lunar silver
I swear I don't work for them, but take it to Carmax. 30 minutes most of your time. Take their offer to the Honda dealer. IF they don't match then go back to Carmax and sell. I bet it will be higher than $14K. Curious, you own a Honda, you want another Honda but took it to a Ford dealer for trade in or sale? How did that come about?
Funny you ask. I was thinking about getting (trading) for a FoST, saw some and also saw and test drove a beautiful EB mustang however both of which doesn't seem to have all the nice features the Si does and for the same price used it doesnt make sense to me so I came back to Honda. One of my biggest complaints about my EX-t is the CVT. I need out of it. Great for your average driver but not for me. The FoST is notorious for its subpar transmission so that also steered me away.

I also have taken my car to Carmax for an appraisal but this was way before 20k miles and when KBB had mine listed at 18k. Carmax offered me 16k
Sponsored

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Funny you ask. I was thinking about getting (trading) for a FoST, saw some and also saw and test drove a beautiful EB mustang however both of which doesn't seem to have all the nice features the Si does and for the same price used it doesnt make sense to me so I came back to Honda. One of my biggest complaints about my EX-t is the CVT. I need out of it. Great for your average driver but not for me. The FoST is notorious for its subpar transmission so that also steered me away.

I also have taken my car to Carmax for an appraisal but this was way before 20k miles and when KBB had mine listed at 18k. Carmax offered me 16k
Yes you are WAY upside down on this car. Up to you if it's worth it or not. If you took out a long term loan on the Civic, you'll be upside down for years. Last case scenario is to sell it on you own. Unless finances aren't an issue, I wouldn't get an Si at this point.

May have jumped the gun. What do you owe?

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe ex-t lunar silver
Yes you are WAY upside down on this car. Up to you if it's worth it or not. If you took out a long term loan on the Civic, you'll be upside down for years. Last case scenario is to sell it on you own. Unless finances aren't an issue, I wouldn't get an Si at this point.

May have jumped the gun. What do you owe?
20k, Like I said I was looking at the mustang which was 23k and they wanted me to pay $450/mo on it being upside down as much as I am. I will probably just keep my car, I was hoping someone who has one would say if they are worth the extra $100/mo over my EX-t. :(

Thanks for the help

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I would personally never do a 72 month term. Your APR tends to be higher for a longer term over a shorter term and it doesn't help that your already upside down on your current car which means that will get added onto total for the car which means your already gonna start upside down and stay upside down for a while on the SI if you purchase it. Not to mention, you'll be paying for the finance charges for the car + the amount your upside down on the old car....

It's not a very smart move at all imo. But hey it is your money and not mine ...

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
20k, Like I said I was looking at the mustang which was 23k and they wanted me to pay $450/mo on it being upside down as much as I am. I will probably just keep my car, I was hoping someone who has one would say if they are worth the extra $100/mo over my EX-t. :(

Thanks for the help

The best advice I can give you is to take that $100/mo and start applying it to your current car to pay it down, rather than rolling into another car with a $100 higher payment. In your situation, I'd keep the EX-T and put every spare penny I had into paying the loan down. This, of course, assumes you have some money in the bank for emergencies, etc, and aren't putting money into your car loan that you need more urgently in other areas. For the sake of discussion, if you had $3000 on a credit card at 19% interest, you'd want to pay that down before putting your theoretical $100 toward the car.

But anyway, all other things being equal, keep your current car and divert anything you can to paying that loan balance down. Rolling negative equity into another car just snowballs the problem for you down the road. Not worth having that monkey on your back. Enjoy your current car, and the knowledge that you have a nicer car than the majority of the people on the planet do already.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda dealer offered me 18k for my EXT but I only have 5k miles on it

wakko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda3
Dallas, TX

2017 civic si coupe
Aegean blue with black interior

$25k otd
Curious, did you do this through email or all at the dealership? My quotes via email are all MSRP around the Austin area.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Curious, did you do this through email or all at the dealership? My quotes via email are all MSRP around the Austin area.
Very difficult to get a true "best price" in an e-mail. Went in to a dealer that gave me an e-mail quote of MSRP and signed for just under $25K OTD within 15 mins. You'll have to get lucky with the salesperson, but I don't think that it's possible without doing an in-person visit.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
24k OTD. With all the dealer add ons they had it listed for 27K. Not too shabby for my first new car purchase

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
24k OTD. With all the dealer add ons they had it listed for 27K. Not too shabby for my first new car purchase
That's super low. I just want to confirm that the price includes the car, destination, tax, and tags. Do you have any trade in?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
That's super low. I just want to confirm that the price includes the car, destination, tax, and tags. Do you have any trade in?
Yupp 100% OTD for 24K. No trade in and only $1,000 down. We worked with each other really well

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Yupp 100% OTD for 24K. No trade in and only $1,000 down. We worked with each other really well
Nice! If you don't mind... Can you pm me the dealership name?

Thanks!

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Can you post a breakdown for us?
of the dealer added stuff?

Exterior Protection: $485
Interior Protection: $285
Mud Guard Trim: $399
Accent Stripes: $196
Trunk Tray: $199
Rear Wing Spoiler: $0
Wheel Locks: $199
Window Tint: $595

Car total: $27,133

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
of the dealer added stuff?

Exterior Protection: $485
Interior Protection: $285
Mud Guard Trim: $399
Accent Stripes: $196
Trunk Tray: $199
Rear Wing Spoiler: $0
Wheel Locks: $199
Window Tint: $595

Car total: $27,133
Wow that's a lot of crap! What was price of just the car? No doc fee or TTL?
Sponsored