10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid $20,999, even posted my invoice with ad ons

Car Price- $20,999
TTL-
DOC-
Full Paint Protection-
Window Tint-
Full Body Rally Stripe-

for $24,700 and ...
Your guy bought a Si from another dealer
Still laughing?
taxes and discounts are different in different States, he has not bought yet, because he continues to text me, 24700 is a price we can take adding an 800$ cost on top of an addtional 2000 off my number is a price we cannot take, and also I offered this guy a helluva deal why all your animosity for no reason????
Sponsored

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
taxes and discounts are different in different States, he has not bought yet, because he continues to text me, 24700 is a price we can take adding an 800$ cost on top of an addtional 2000 off my number is a price we cannot take, and also I offered this guy a helluva deal why all your animosity for no reason????
Your laughing at a guy looking to buy a new car giving you a reasonable offer.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
A lot of local dealers in Texas have their cars advertised on their websites for a couple hundred cheaper than your "VIP" price. It's a pity that guy doesn't know how to shop around as it looks like John Eagles Honda has a couple for 22.6k. That's with minimal effort. As for the extended warranty he can absolutely do better the $1500 you quoted and he doesn't even need to go through your dealership.

What kind of replies were you expecting with your original post? This thread is about sharing what you paid, not laughing at customers because they didn't like your price.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your laughing at a guy looking to buy a new car giving you a reasonable offer.
It wasnt reasonable dont you think its funny that your sale price was almost 3,000 less but your final price was only 1000$ less then what i sent him?? it dosnt matter what the sales price is it only matters what the final price is, and his "reasonable offer" wanted me to include a 100k mile warranty that has an 800$ cost to it, and then he still wanted 2Gs more off on top of including the warrany, Im telling you it wasnt reasonable I love this car and I love the customers that dirve them and have a passion for the civic. and yes I was laughing because the guy made me a reasonable offer then renegged on an agreement made an unreasonable offer, and now has wasted my time his own time and still has no car, you jumped at me when you didnt even understand yourself what you were saying.

Last edited:

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of local dealers in Texas have their cars advertised on their websites for a couple hundred cheaper than your "VIP" price. It's a pity that guy doesn't know how to shop around as it looks like John Eagles Honda has a couple for 22.6k. That's with minimal effort. As for the extended warranty he can absolutely do better the $1500 you quoted and he doesn't even need to go through your dealership.

What kind of replies were you expecting with your original post? This thread is about sharing what you paid, not laughing at customers because they didn't like your price.
So i guess this simply got kinda skewed so real quick ill try to explain where i was coming from, with my original post I was sharing what a customer could have bought confirming that if you paid anywhere in the ballpark of 23-25K OTD you got a great deal, now to add to that other guy and yourself a trade secret, never pay attention to the sale price, a dealership can tell you all day up and down that is 20000 or 20999 or 21700 etc etc., this is never the final price, just like i stated to the guy above me his "Sale Price" for the car was almost 3000 lower but somehow his OTD price was only 1000 less, now yes this can occasionally be made up on taxes as they vary from state to state, and maybe I should have explained my stance a little further originally I was laughing at the fact the guy made me an offer we shook on it, he needed a day, he called me back for another discount we gave it to him, he needed one more day, the third time he asked for the inclusion of a warranty and an additional 2000 off, which we simply could not do and I thought that was funny, wasnt trying to make fun of him no one on here knows who he is, or his info it was simply a story I thought I would share here since it was about price on the Si and if you wanted to ask the guy at the dealer if you got a good deal or what a good deal is you could ask.

poundsand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gti
Country flag
So i guess this simply got kinda skewed so real quick ill try to explain where i was coming from, with my original post I was sharing what a customer could have bought confirming that if you paid anywhere in the ballpark of 23-25K OTD you got a great deal, now to add to that other guy and yourself a trade secret, never pay attention to the sale price, a dealership can tell you all day up and down that is 20000 or 20999 or 21700 etc etc., this is never the final price, just like i stated to the guy above me his "Sale Price" for the car was almost 3000 lower but somehow his OTD price was only 1000 less, now yes this can occasionally be made up on taxes as they vary from state to state, and maybe I should have explained my stance a little further originally I was laughing at the fact the guy made me an offer we shook on it, he needed a day, he called me back for another discount we gave it to him, he needed one more day, the third time he asked for the inclusion of a warranty and an additional 2000 off, which we simply could not do and I thought that was funny, wasnt trying to make fun of him no one on here knows who he is, or his info it was simply a story I thought I would share here since it was about price on the Si and if you wanted to ask the guy at the dealer if you got a good deal or what a good deal is you could ask.
The sale price, of course, is what matters when comparing prices, as ttl varies. The rub is, it needs to be an apples to apples comparison (which makes it tough when including trade in) - ie thebutcher didn’t include all the added accessories in the price, for which he probably overpaid, so that makes for a poor comparison, but that doesn’t make your position any better. ;)

As for your price, you laughing off the offer as totally unreasonable rubs people the wrong way as others are around that price - for example, I have a first, pre-negotiation, written in email offer, from the first dealer I contacted this week, at $22.4, and we don’t have the ridiculous doc fees you want to charge (capped at $85 in Cali iirc), plus your warranty price obviously has a pretty decent markup (that apples to apples thing again) so the overall package price you’re offering certainly isn’t laughably low - the delta price and doc fee alone is $1485, which pays for that overpriced extended warranty (it seems others are buying those, separate from the car purchase (so not made up elsewhere), for $4-500 less than your price). ie at your tax rates, I could get a deal at like $25.1 spending no time negotiating at all.

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine for 25k otd with gap, wheel coverage, black lug nuts/locks, wireless charging pad, I traded in my old car that had a loan on it so my down payment was ~6k from the trade in.

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
A dealership is offering me $24,200 OTD which includes trunk tray, mud guards, wheel locks, all-weather mats, and nitrogen in tires on a new 2019 Si sedan. Is this a good deal?

Last edited:

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A dealership is offering me $24,200 OTD which includes trunk tray, mud guards, wheel locks, all-weather mats, and nitrogen in tires on a new 2019 Si sedan. Is this a good deal?
Without knowing what taxes in GA are, or what doc. fees, BMV fees, etc. are, it's hard to say. What is the price of the vehicle itself without fees, taxes, registration, etc.?

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Without knowing what taxes in GA are, or what doc. fees, BMV fees, etc. are, it's hard to say. What is the price of the vehicle itself without fees, taxes, registration, etc.?
Taxes are 7%, doc fee is $700, the registration fee is $20

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I actually havent gotten the itemized breakdown yet, only a OTD price

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually havent gotten the itemized breakdown yet, only a OTD price
On a 2018 Si sedan last June, the price I paid was $21,875 on a MSRP of $24,990. That is a bit over 87.5% of sticker.

With 7% taxes, $700 doc fee, and $20 registration on a higher MSRP of I think $25,220 on a 2019, the $24.2K OTD is a pretty good deal with the add-ons the dealer is throwing in.

2toxic

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone from CA has any info on how much it would cost OTD including all that CA taxes, and fees. I found a few Si Sedans online from the dealership that ranges from 20k-22k. I'm looking to buy in 2 weeks.

poundsand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gti
Country flag
Anyone from CA has any info on how much it would cost OTD including all that CA taxes, and fees. I found a few Si Sedans online from the dealership that ranges from 20k-22k. I'm looking to buy in 2 weeks.
Sales tax varies across the state, so depends where you are. In LA county (with 9.5% tax), it ends up being 11% and change.
Sponsored