10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I bought my 2018 Si in June 2018 in SoCal for $22,500. That number should be attainable on a 2019 at several dealers here Norm Reeves Irvine, Norm Reeves Cerritos, Corona, Freeway Honda in Santa Ana...
Hard to believe in SoCal.
2019 is a refresh while 2018 is a carryover.
MSRP went up $200
Also Oct 2017-June 2018 for 2018 vs Nov 2018-Feb 2019 is a smaller gap with plenty of 2018's still on lot

Realistically 23k is the best you gonna get. Might take some nagging.
Sponsored

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Hard to believe in SoCal.
2019 is a refresh while 2018 is a carryover.
MSRP went up $200
Also Oct 2017-June 2018 for 2018 vs Nov 2018-Feb 2019 is a smaller gap with plenty of 2018's still on lot

Realistically 23k is the best you gonna get. Might take some nagging.
The Si it is exactly the same except for the volume knob, cup holder, and parking brake light. I do think 23k is a good price for the car though, it doesn't sell fast even in SoCal.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm wanting to jump back into the Honda world and get into a '19 PWP Civic Si Coupe I asked my local Las Vegas NV (8.1% tax rate) dealer for an OTD price with the following options from the '19 Civic Si Coupe accessories sheet they provided to me:
(I know I can save some $$ with the non-electrical accessories; I don't want to tear apart the car and do the wiring - but I wanted to know what it would run me to get everything I wanted up front.)
- Auto dimming mirror w/ homelink
- Spare wheel kit
- Door edge guard
- Console illumination
- Interior illumination
- All season floor mats
- Trunk tray

They gave me the following quote:
MSRP: $25,195
Dealership Price: $22,648
Doc. Fee: $599
Title Fee: $39.25
Accessories total: $1,726.28
Taxes: $2,060.30
Total Amount out the Door: $27,072.83

What say the collective wisdom of CivicX? Is this a decent deal?
Thanks
Order those accessories from college hills or another place with not a lot of markup

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
87elco - thanks for the response, I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to respond at all. After additional research I am planning on ordering the majority of the accessories through other sites like College Hills but will still have the stealership install the electronic ones since I don't have the resources or ability to do those.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
2019 Si in Aegean Blue. $23,300 OTD (no tax in NH). Had them throw in all weather mats and ceramic coating (already applied).

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX CVT sedan, blue. 2019 F250 Super Duty Lariat 2017 Ford Expedition
Country flag
2019 LX sedan CVT, blue, $17,978 including doc fees ($599). Sales tax and registration are added to that. I was interested in a Sport but dealer offered less off on it than the LX so we took the LX. Location is east Tennessee.

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 Skyline GTR, '96 240SX SE, '07 Legacy GT Spec.B, '06 Silverado Duramax
Has anyone paid for the whole car up front? I'm selling my current car private party so I'll have the funds to do it this way (I'm over car loans, LOL), but was wondering if this will give me the ability to really haggle the price or get them to throw in other perks if the base price can't be negotiated (like Hondacare, accessories, etc).

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Has anyone paid for the whole car up front? I'm selling my current car private party so I'll have the funds to do it this way (I'm over car loans, LOL), but was wondering if this will give me the ability to really haggle the price or get them to throw in other perks if the base price can't be negotiated (like Hondacare, accessories, etc).
They will not give you a better deal for having cash. Hell, they might charge you more as they cannot make any money off of the financing.

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They will not give you a better deal for having cash. Hell, they might charge you more as they cannot make any money off of the financing.
Well that's counter-intuitive, LOL

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2019 Sedan Si 23k + TTL. Included window tint, all weather mats, and splash guards.

In AZ.

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Si 23k + TTL. Included window tint, all weather mats, and splash guards.

In AZ.
Very nice! At which dealer? Have a sales contact? I still have a month or two before I can pull the trigger, but would like to have all the stars aligned beforehand, LOL. And sorry to ask (I suck with acronyms), what is TTL?

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! At which dealer? Have a sales contact? I still have a month or two before I can pull the trigger, but would like to have all the stars aligned beforehand, LOL. And sorry to ask (I suck with acronyms), what is TTL?
I went to Earnhardt Honda, ask for Joel Langer and tell him Alec sent you .

I've bought a few cars from him.
Could have easily gotten below 23k but I was trading in a Civic hatchback I got 6 months ago LOL. So since he took my trade in at what I owed so I wouldn't have negative equity, I lost some ability to haggle down the Si price .

TTL is tax titles and license. So 23k was just the cost of car + dealer upgrades before the taxes, dealer doc fee, and registration.

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to Earnhardt Honda, ask for Joel Langer and tell him Alec sent you .

I've bought a few cars from him.
Could have easily gotten below 23k but I was trading in a Civic hatchback I got 6 months ago LOL. So since he took my trade in at what I owed so I wouldn't have negative equity, I lost some ability to haggle down the Si price .

TTL is tax titles and license. So 23k was just the cost of car + dealer upgrades before the taxes, dealer doc fee, and registration.
Oh duh, lol, my bad! Thanks for the contact info though! I know it's petty, but I cannot stand the stickers they put on the back of the cars they sell. I DO NOT want any stickers on paint, ever!

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX CVT sedan, blue. 2019 F250 Super Duty Lariat 2017 Ford Expedition
Country flag
2019 LX sedan CVT, blue, $17,978 including doc fees ($599). Sales tax and registration are added to that. I was interested in a Sport but dealer offered less off on it than the LX so we took the LX. Location is east Tennessee.
We completed the deal today at Auto Nation in Knoxville TN. Entire transaction was handled professionally. No surprises, we paid what they quoted. A little pressure to buy the additional warranty, paint protection, etc ..........but I understand, thats part of their job. I can be difficult to please on a car transaction and when I left decided the dealership and staff earned a 10 out of 10.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh duh, lol, my bad! Thanks for the contact info though! I know it's petty, but I cannot stand the stickers they put on the back of the cars they sell. I DO NOT want any stickers on paint, ever!
It annoys me as well. I've just used a heat gun and they peel right off. Don't even need Goo gone.
Sponsored