10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Yes, I agree. Thats why I said for 2019s, its not happening till spring. I can't get them to even negotiate on 2019 Si. Best is about $300 off MSRP. I have pretty much ruled out honda at this point- no stock for 2018, no negotiations on 2019. Might go back to Lexus. Hate that I have to choose between driving pleasure and car ownership experience. I guess Subaru might be a good balance. Will know more this weekend after I test drive Mazda 3 HB.
Have you tried an auto buying program (Costco, etc) for your vehicle purchase? It should get you in the 22k-ish + TTL range.
Sponsored

civic1500dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Yes, I agree. Thats why I said for 2019s, its not happening till spring. I can't get them to even negotiate on 2019 Si. Best is about $300 off MSRP. I have pretty much ruled out honda at this point- no stock for 2018, no negotiations on 2019. Might go back to Lexus. Hate that I have to choose between driving pleasure and car ownership experience. I guess Subaru might be a good balance. Will know more this weekend after I test drive Mazda 3 HB.
Not sure where you are in TX, but Honda of McKinney has a 2019 Si on their website at $23,467 ($1,728 off MSRP). Not a bad starting point to negotiate lower...

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Definitely wait and keep checking with dealers. I locked in 23.1K OTD for a 2019 (no tax in NH, so that helps too), but am not finalizing the deal until spring either. Am also contemplation the 2019 Veloster N, same price point and a ton more features. Decisions decisions..

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
No stock for 2018? Really? I have 3 dealerships in Dayton Ohio and some still have 17s

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
No stock for 2018? Really? I have 3 dealerships in Dayton Ohio and some still have 17s
Yep. Zilch. At least nothing within DFW area. I should have bought in October but I was waiting to turn in my Lexus lease. I wanted to try the Sport HB with stick shift. There is no stock whatsoever. Checked dealer inventory for about 5 dealerships. Some dealerships - I just don't want to deal with them (McDavid and Autonation). So I don't care if they have in stock, not going to step in there.

Definitely wait and keep checking with dealers. I locked in 23.1K OTD for a 2019 (no tax in NH, so that helps too), but am not finalizing the deal until spring either. Am also contemplation the 2019 Veloster N, same price point and a ton more features. Decisions decisions..
$23.5 might be doable in Dallas but with tax it will still be above $25k. So far Mazda 3 seems to be a winner, test driving it tomorrow. $19k OTD. If that doesn't work out, I might bite the bullet and jump for WRX. Plus point- Subaru dealerships allow dogs and have a play area for them. I just love that small value they add to whole experience. Honda has a great opportunity to be in that zone with family friendly cars like Accord, civic, CRV and odyssey. But no! Short term gains are worth long term pains for them.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Not sure where you are in TX, but Honda of McKinney has a 2019 Si on their website at $23,467 ($1,728 off MSRP). Not a bad starting point to negotiate lower...
I thought so too, so I emailed them , they didn't even respond. But from their auto-reply I found out that they are owned by Hendrickauto which also owns the VW dealership. If past experience with that dealership (VW) is any indicator, then they show discount online but will put dealer add-ons to mark it up when you try to buy. VW Jetta had over $1700 add-ons and they would not negotiate on it.

marktex

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What area are you in? I went to Jack O Diamonds in Tyler and purchased a 2019 Si sedan that was fresh off the truck for 24,600 + tt&l. They were great and didn't put any dealer add ons besides a tint. They give you the option to do all of that afterwards.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
What area are you in? I went to Jack O Diamonds in Tyler and purchased a 2019 Si sedan that was fresh off the truck for 24,600 + tt&l. They were great and didn't put any dealer add ons besides a tint. They give you the option to do all of that afterwards.
DFW. $24,600 is only $500 off. I think I was able to do that - got about $26,688 OTD. I asked for $25k OTD - crickets. I think it will be doable - just have to be patient till spring. Drive my 12' Si . Its just that coupe is pretty hard with dogs. Also, with economy tanking next year and civic sales being down YOY (Since July - more than 20%!!) - I see lot of bargaining power.

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I bought a MSM coupe 2017 (new) in may this year and paid 21500 out the door.

PennSt9

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si Red 4 dr
Country flag
2019 Civic Si, Red, 4 dr, summer tires (Goodyear Eagle F1).
Purchased 12/22/18 in PA.
Price $23,400 + $140 doc fee + tax ($25.1k OTD).
Replaces a 2003 Accord 5 spd 267k miles, purchased new for $21k.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
I did a 4K down but the price was given to me before I ever told them how much down payment I wanted . No trade in
Sweet. There is no way I will be even close to that number any time soon (or ever) in DFW area. Too many people willing to pay MSRP or close it, saw someone pay $28k OTD for si.
Sponsored