cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Fortunately, or unfortunately, my 2019 Si sedan was mistakenly shipped with the summer tires. Fortunately, because it brought back memories of the up-sized O.Z. rims and summer tire rubber bands I fitted my '94 3000GT with when I still had a full head of hair. Unfortunately, I still live in northern Illinois.

After some white-knuckled drives to work and back down snow-drifted roads with me cursing Goodyear tires, the Honda dealer called to tell me I actually had summer tires and would I like the all-seasons instead. (I had a feeling that "go-cart" handling on all-seasons was too good to be true!) True to bureaucratic efficiency, the wouldn't even let me purchase the summer tires separately -- they would have to be shredded!!

I have a greater need to stay out of snow banks than I have $$ right now, so I had to take the all-seasons swap. I am VERY impressed with these Goodyear Sports, btw. Something I never though I would say. But, now I know how awesome this car drives on tires unblemished with far too many water-channeling grooves.

Okay, so here's my question (finally ;-) What are some suggestions for wheel and tire specs that fit this car without having to modify the car. For example, I'm considering stopping at a 19" rim, but what width can I go up to (8.5? 9.0?) and still be able to steer? What tire ratio would that put me at?

As I save my $$ through these months of blizzards, followed by polar vortexes, followed by freezing rain, what are some good sites to drool over and consider purchasing from? Would anyone like to sell me their own, lightly used, 90% tread wear, curb-rash free set for $30....
Sponsored

SaintClarence27

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Fortunately, or unfortunately, my 2019 Si sedan was mistakenly shipped with the summer tires. Fortunately, because it brought back memories of the up-sized O.Z. rims and summer tire rubber bands I fitted my '94 3000GT with when I still had a full head of hair. Unfortunately, I still live in northern Illinois.

After some white-knuckled drives to work and back down snow-drifted roads with me cursing Goodyear tires, the Honda dealer called to tell me I actually had summer tires and would I like the all-seasons instead. (I had a feeling that "go-cart" handling on all-seasons was too good to be true!) True to bureaucratic efficiency, the wouldn't even let me purchase the summer tires separately -- they would have to be shredded!!

I have a greater need to stay out of snow banks than I have $$ right now, so I had to take the all-seasons swap. I am VERY impressed with these Goodyear Sports, btw. Something I never though I would say. But, now I know how awesome this car drives on tires unblemished with far too many water-channeling grooves.

Okay, so here's my question (finally ;-) What are some suggestions for wheel and tire specs that fit this car without having to modify the car. For example, I'm considering stopping at a 19" rim, but what width can I go up to (8.5? 9.0?) and still be able to steer? What tire ratio would that put me at?

As I save my $$ through these months of blizzards, followed by polar vortexes, followed by freezing rain, what are some good sites to drool over and consider purchasing from? Would anyone like to sell me their own, lightly used, 90% tread wear, curb-rash free set for $30....
I'm in the exact same boat (Champaign, IL) with the same trade that I had to do. I'd like to know the max width, but I think 18" is fine for me.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running 19s (oem 2018 Accord wheels) on my civic si coupe no spacers and no rubbing. Tire size is 235 35 R19 with a width of 8.5. If I'm not mistaken with a 55 offset. As far as max width I cannot answer that question.

OP
OP
cekIV

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm running 19s (oem 2018 Accord wheels) on my civic si coupe no spacers and no rubbing. Tire size is 235 35 R19 with a width of 8.5. If I'm not mistaken with a 55 offset. As far as max width I cannot answer that question.
Thanks for your reply! I've seen some 19 inch Accord wheels out there as well. How do they compare to the stock 18"? Is there a notable performance difference? Or mostly aesthetic? And do you run summer or all season tires?

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for your reply! I've seen some 19 inch Accord wheels out there as well. How do they compare to the stock 18"? Is there a notable performance difference? Or mostly aesthetic? And do you run summer or all season tires?
I will say the do ride a bit rougher than the 18s mainly because the lower profile tires (45 to 35), but I'm I had to at least keep the stock ride height even with bigger wheels so side wall had to be sacrificed. No performance gains since the wheels are exactly the same width as the 18s. I did it for the looks mainly (I have a few pics posted up on here if you'd liked to see) Now I did change from the stock all season tires to Michelin pilot super sport summer tires and they're is a massive upgrade the from grip those tires is phenomenal, but at at price of course.

OP
OP
cekIV

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will say the do ride a bit rougher than the 18s mainly because the lower profile tires (45 to 35), but I'm I had to at least keep the stock ride height even with bigger wheels so side wall had to be sacrificed. No performance gains since the wheels are exactly the same width as the 18s. I did it for the looks mainly (I have a few pics posted up on here if you'd liked to see) Now I did change from the stock all season tires to Michelin pilot super sport summer tires and they're is a massive upgrade the from grip those tires is phenomenal, but at at price of course.
I think I saw the pics if you posted them earlier. Those rims look great on the Civic Si. I may be able to get new 18" Eagle F1 at half price though, so I'm debating wether to wait till I see a deal on 19's or grab these 18's. Down the road, 18's may be more affordable to replace than 19's (?) As long as there's no big performance difference. Thanks again!

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
The less tire you have, the harsher the ride will be. Performance-wise, unless you're tracking or auto-x-ing, it's unlikely you'll notice a difference unless you go to a wider or stickier tire on the larger wheels.

elijahw

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
From your profile photo the Accord Sport rims look incredible! I wanted to see more pics but your profile is limited "This member limits who may view their full profile." Would you post some here?

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
I saw an Si with 2K19 Accord Touring wheels.... THAT looks awesome

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From your profile photo the Accord Sport rims look incredible! I wanted to see more pics but your profile is limited "This member limits who may view their full profile." Would you post some here?
Did not realize my profile was set-up that way (I am new on here) I will see if I cannot fix that, but in the mean time here are the images for you...

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic Si Aftermarket Wheel and Tire Options upload_2019-2-11_9-4-29

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic Si Aftermarket Wheel and Tire Options upload_2019-2-11_9-4-52

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Did not realize my profile was set-up that way (I am new on here) I will see if I cannot fix that, but in the mean time here are the images for you...

upload_2019-2-11_9-4-29.png

upload_2019-2-11_9-4-52.png
Wow, honestly, my favorite wheel/tire combo is stock on the Si because I love the design - but this looks so great! Nice thinking on the Accord Sport 19s. Wonder how this would look on an Si sedan...would be curious to see it.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, honestly, my favorite wheel/tire combo is stock on the Si because I love the design - but this looks so great! Nice thinking on the Accord Sport 19s. Wonder how this would look on an Si sedan...would be curious to see it.
There is an accord sport wheels thread on here somewhere that someone's 4 door Si has this same wheel on here

OP
OP
cekIV

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Getting back to the width question... Will a rim size 18x9.5 with 35mm offset fit with no mods? Or do we need to stay with 8.5 or 9.0 width? I think the Eagle F1s will fit up to 9.5 rim. (?)

6SiX6

FC3VIL
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si 6 Speed Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting back to the width question... Will a rim size 18x9.5 with 35mm offset fit with no mods? Or do we need to stay with 8.5 or 9.0 width? I think the Eagle F1s will fit up to 9.5 rim. (?)
I will let you know how 9.5 fits Thursday. I will be installing Work D9Rs 18x9.5 38mm.
Sponsored