2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I noticed the CVT’s ratios are not very consistent, it’s always changing. Specially when tires spin a little like @dc2turbo was saying.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed the CVT’s ratios are not very consistent, it’s always changing. Specially when tires spin a little like @dc2turbo was saying.
I guess I should've been more specific. What is the indicator that the CVT ratio has changed? How do you know it is changing? The engine rpm? Or something else? Excuse my ignorance!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I'm guessing there's no actual indicator, you would just have to notice if the rpms change "unrealistically" compared to your speed increase/decrease.

Reactions: Myx

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was your car fixed under warranty?
not yet, cant replicate at dealer. About to take it in again though. been stalling at red lights when I hit the gas to go.

マリウス

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
not yet, cant replicate at dealer. About to take it in again though. been stalling at red lights when I hit the gas to go.
Have you not shown the service department the video you posted here? I wouldn’t leave the dealership until they take the car and fix it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you not shown the service department the video you posted here? I wouldn’t leave the dealership until they take the car and fix it.
yeah I showed them. I even sent it to them to watch on a computer. They updated my software and said it was fine again lol. They did say that from what theyve seen, people complain but they cant replicate, then one day the person tows the car in bc it wont shift out of park. Then they replace it. Im hoping that happens soon

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I guess, we'll start! :)

First hit was 13.3 at 108 MPH and a 2.1 60ft.

20170922_201331_zpsvwvdjcxa.jpg

Our best run of the night was a 13.1435 at 108.77 MPH with a 2.0 60ft on stock all season tires.

20170922_221439_zpssbrsjiea.jpg

Car:
2017 Honda Civic Si
Trans: 6MT
Power: 280 whp and 330+ tq on e30.
Mods: PRL catless downpipe and front pipe combo PRL CAI PRL FMIC @KTuner ClutchMasters FX400 clutch D2 Springs Tuned by Denis Howell at PRL Motorsports and @VitViper at Vit Tuned
Track: Keystone Raceway Park
Elevation: 1200 feet

Stock exhaust, stock turbo, stock engine.

Can't feel too bad about my best time (out of 4 runs), considering it was only my second time ever, running on a quarter mile track, and the fact that I've only been driving manual a year and a half.

It was a 75 degree night, with humidity at about 84%. Tires were inflated at about factory pressure (32-33 psi) also. With that said, there's definitely more in her, as I've ran faster than this on the street, albeit in much cooler weather. Regardless, I'm positive the car is capable of sub 14 secs.

I literally bogged on every launch except the last run, as my 2Step/Rev limit is set to only 2500 RPM, and I was only giving it about 35-40% throttle beforehand. For the streets, this is sufficient, but it doesn't translate well on the track, at all.

On my last run, I faired better, and found some success around the 70% throttle area. So, 60 FT definitely can be improved upon, which I'm positive will result in a significantly better time. Beyond that, my best, and last run, had a knock control value of .64, which means I wasn't even operating at full power.

I was able to datalog, and film my first run. Since I trapped just over a 100mph, I was able to roughly compare 0-100 mph from the datalog, and the track timer. The datalog comes within a tenth or two of the track time. If the MPH could be broken down into tenths, this would make for a better comparison.

I saw a Turbo Nismo Sentra, as I was on my way out unfortunately. I would have loved to hand him an L. I also saw a Focus RS, that ran a 13.6 on it's first run. Definitely will be looking to improve on my best time, the next time out.

Car: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Power: 237 HP
Mods: VitTuned W/ Ktuner on E30 Blend, PRL Silicone Hose, AFE Dry Flo Drop-In Filter, Greddy Supreme SP Catback, PRL Front Mount Intercooler Kit.
Track: Royal Purple Raceway
Elevation: 10' Above Sea Level

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times IMAG0640

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times IMAG0639

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times IMAG0642

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't feel too bad about my best time (out of 4 runs), considering it was only my second time ever, running on a quarter mile track, and the fact that I've only been driving manual a year and a half.

Thanks for posting up your times. No need for excuses. You tried your best and these are real world times. Not times with drag slicks, etc. Perhaps someone else may do better or worse but this data is very helpful regardless. If it helps, I suck at driving a stick shift so I'd probably turn a high 14/low 15 1/4 mile time out of your ride. :(

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Power: 237 HP
Mods: VitTuned W/ Ktuner on E30 Blend, PRL Silicone Hose, AFE Dry Flo Drop-In Filter, Greddy Supreme SP Catback, PRL Front Mount Intercooler Kit.
Track: Royal Purple Raceway
Elevation: 10' Above Sea Level

IMAG0640.jpg

With a stock clutch! Outstanding!

You have shown that if a clutch slips in 4th or 5th you don't have to throw it away and get an aftermarket clutch!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With a stock clutch! Outstanding!

You have shown that if a clutch slips in 4th or 5th you don't have to throw it away and get an aftermarket clutch!
Hate to toot my own horn here but I've ran a [email protected] on a stock clutch, limiting factor was tires too, not clutch. First gear once I'm going 5-10mph the tires sick like glue and no clutch slip, I just can't really launch or I just spin like crazy.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to toot my own horn here but I've ran a [email protected] on a stock clutch, limiting factor was tires too, not clutch. First gear once I'm going 5-10mph the tires sick like glue and no clutch slip, I just can't really launch or I just spin like crazy.
This kinda blows the whole "The stock clutch is crap" movement out the door.

P.S. I love your videos!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This kinda blows the whole "The stock clutch is crap" movement out the door.

P.S. I love your videos!

Well it is kind of... The fact that tuning alone (cheap CAI as only mod) can make it slip does suck since there's a lot of potential left on the table...

P.S. thanks, hopefully I get to some more exciting events this year and get some progress done on that Integra finally.
Sponsored