10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I like how they lined you up next to a 9 second car. That seems borderline reckless of the track officials. 9 second cars crash at a much higher rate than 14 second cars and should never be lined up together.
Sponsored

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I frequent another drag strip that allows cars and bikes to race each other. :p

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I need to learn how to get this car moving on the 60 like PRL.

14.2 @ 101.8mph

2017 Civic Si sedan
PRL "Stage 1" intake
KTuner (my mapping)
Stock all seasons @ 34psi
93 octane

236hp / 280tq on my dyno

Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

The car needs a clutch, evidently too. Noticed some pretty major slip on the drive home.

15081586675221420889922.jpg
Apologies for my ignorance - are those wheel hp numbers?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to learn how to get this car moving on the 60 like PRL.

14.2 @ 101.8mph

2017 Civic Si sedan
PRL "Stage 1" intake
KTuner (my mapping)
Stock all seasons @ 34psi
93 octane

236hp / 280tq on my dyno

Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

The car needs a clutch, evidently too. Noticed some pretty major slip on the drive home.
Nice run! And someone local too. Will you be going out to Cecil for more testing? Hope to see you out when I get my LX CVT. Until then, I'll be down there in a maroon colored 2010 Toyota RAV4 racing.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's more than just getting it down to 2.0 60ft. No need for that. One of my goals is to reduce the 60ft time. Here is my goal!
1) Reduce 60ft time,
2) Increase acceleration as fast as possible to peak rpm without breaking the tires loose,
3) Keep the rpm at peak power (None of that fake shifting nonsense).

These will be achieved. I know because I've done it in my Fit. Will be fun to do in on this platform. All I heard were crickets when my CVT with only intake and exhaust was quicker than most boosted manual trannied Honda Fits. Understand the CVT and work with it's strong points. It is awesome in it's own right. No argument here. I've already ordered a few pieces for the Civic to achieve these goals. Can't wait until next month to get started.

I mean, I raced Mustangs that were WAY faster than my lowly Fit with but I was able to take some of them off the line. A CVT's low and midrange can be made awesome because of how it utilizes the power under the curve. It stays at the top of the 'curve' once it reaches it. No rpms going up and down. This is a dream transmission for me for power. More is always better but for utuilizing what power it has, it is pretty damn awesome. Most won't understand this and that's ok.
This is a CVT, this is what your CVT will do when you try to make it a race car. I didnt try to make it a race car, and it still crapping the bed

Reactions: Myx

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies for my ignorance - are those wheel hp numbers?
No you are looking at a mixtures of times (in seconds) and trap speeds (in MPH).

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a CVT, this is what your CVT will do when you try to make it a race car. I didnt try to make it a race car, and it still crapping the bed

That's not good at all and sounds horrible. Thanks for the video!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was referring to the hp/tq values that he had quoted. They were impressive.
Ok that make a lot more sense. I’d say those likely are wheel numbers.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I like how they lined you up next to a 9 second car. That seems borderline reckless of the track officials. 9 second cars crash at a much higher rate than 14 second cars and should never be lined up together.
You mean some strips still run to the handicap? I thought most places, non-eliminator/non-Pro Stock/etc, ran to your dial-in and you Green-Light at the same time.
The only real risk is driving thru their debris.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My two latest runs have been 15.1@92mph (with downpipe) & 15.2@94mph (w/o downpipe)
  • (Sorry no pics of time slip since our printer is down. i have vids of some runs, will post later when i am off work)
  • 2016 Civic EXT
  • CVT
  • Hondata +6tune & PRL Downpipe
  • Power Numbers (If Known)
  • Guam International Raceway
one of my runs. 15.2 @94mph.
Did you add this video today? I keep an eye out in this forum for CVT times like a hawk. Don't remember seeing this video. Thanks either way!

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you add this video today? I keep an eye out in this forum for CVT times like a hawk. Don't remember seeing this video. Thanks either way!
lol yup, finally had time to dig thru my vids, i wont post the other vids because there is too much baclground noise with the music playing and v8s burning out, lol, and you cant really hear the times, and my friends keeps pointing the camera at his face :doh:

hopefully buy the time our organization is finished raising money by the end of the year, we will have our new timing system installed and start printing out time slips again:thumbsup:

also cant wait to get tires and use my Enkeis :)

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
huh, came across this by accident, don't remember getting notified I was tagged.

Ill get a pic of the slip if I can find it later but

• Picture of Time Slip ([email protected])
  • 2017 EXT sedan
  • 6MT
  • AF Dynamic CAI/Ktuner V2/e25 Vit tune/245 khumo all seasons (also RV6 catless DP was installed but no further tuning was done)
  • Before DP, 235/282

• I have the fx350 in a box right next to me. hope to finally pour the poly in my rear mount and hope it actually does help wheel hop, think I have some slicks to borrow. after that some more tuning and back at it and hope to do much better.

Damn....was kinda hoping to see more manual trannied folks posting up here now as well. Ugghh...the CVTs. Madmatts time give me something to go after. Even if it is un-obtainable with a CVT. Will keep glued to this thread.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess, we'll start! :)

First hit was 13.3 at 108 MPH and a 2.1 60ft.

20170922_201331_zpsvwvdjcxa.jpg

Our best run of the night was a 13.1435 at 108.77 MPH with a 2.0 60ft on stock all season tires.
PRL Motorsports, if you don't mind me asking, what were the stock all season tires that you ran on? Where they Goodyear Eagle Sport All seasons (W Speed Rated), Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or something else?

Also, what wheels are you running? Looks like Enkei RPF1s. I'm horrible with wheels.

I am just doing my homework and using what works/worked.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
huh, came across this by accident, don't remember getting notified I was tagged.

Ill get a pic of the slip if I can find it later but

• Picture of Time Slip ([email protected])
  • 2017 EXT sedan
  • 6MT
  • AF Dynamic CAI/Ktuner V2/e25 Vit tune/245 khumo all seasons (also RV6 catless DP was installed but no further tuning was done)
  • Before DP, 235/282

• I have the fx350 in a box right next to me. hope to finally pour the poly in my rear mount and hope it actually does help wheel hop, think I have some slicks to borrow. after that some more tuning and back at it and hope to do much better.

Just wanted to say congrats to you for running this time at Pacific Raceway. The day you raced at that track wasn't freezing cold but the temps was around 65F. Not too bad either. Humidity was in the low 50F range, which was cool too. I notice the track layout is from north to south. The wind that day was blowing from north to south at around 10mph or so. While you were doing your 1/4 mile run (Ticket showed 6:08pm), there was a 16mph gust of wind blowing in the same direction as you were racing (North to South). This gust of wind blow was recorded at around 5:53pm. HERE

I have to look at details like this since I am going after this 1/4 mile time in the CVT once I get it. It's all in good fun. I just thought that was.....interesting. :)
Sponsored