1 year later.... How is your clutch?

1. longthaitran91

longthaitran91 Suiton20

First Name:
    Long
    Car(s):
    2017 honda civic si
    2017 civic si here at 30k miles. I ktuned using normal/24psi sport around 27k. my 3rd gear acceleration seems a bit off when I try to do launches starting at 0. At times it would it accelerate fast and times it would be slow. Not sure why. It's been like that since I switched off my good year eagle sports to pirelli p zero pz4. Not sure if I'm just not used to the car not doing burn outs in 1st when I decide to do a 0-60 pull

2. FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7 I'm a machine.

Truck Driver, because Badass is not an occupation.
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Car(s):
    2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
    I always spin the goodyear oe tires in 1st under full throttle. I find they're quite shitty, but then again, I bought the car in October, so perhaps they will perform better in the summer. I was thinking of replacing them when necessary with either Michelin Pilot 2 or Nitto NT555G2, but I don't abuse my car, so I expect the oe tires to last quite some time. How are the Pirelli?

3. longthaitran91

longthaitran91 Suiton20

First Name:
    Long
    Car(s):
    2017 honda civic si
    Oh, the good years will be shitty forever. In rain it's much worse. I nearly wreaked the car because the wheels locked up during a slow turn. The rain grip is worse than the stock tires on the civic hatchback sport.

4. trapbryan

trapbryan Senior Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic SI Coupe
    Been tuned since 5000 miles and TSP stage 1 (map 3 sport all day) since around 7000 miles. Didnt take much, maybe a month or two before my clutch started to slip.

I'm almost at 12,000 miles now and it hasn't gotten much worse really, just adjusted my driving habits a bit to prevent slippage.
    I have a clutch masters single mass flywheel and fx350 sitting in my garage ready to go, just need to find an opportunity to leave the car at the shop for a few days.

5. saiko21

saiko21 Senior Member

Trust me I am an Engineer!
    First Name:
    Sai
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
    How you are saying it's slipping? Are you checking it in top gears?

6. ripcord291

ripcord291 Member

First Name:
    Cliff
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
    Lol i must be very lucky cause i have a 2019 all stock beside Ktuner TSP stage 1 and i stay on Map 3 with sport mode on. I have almost 21k miles on the car lol i drive alot... I have 0 slippage. *knocks on wood*

7. whoisJSR

whoisJSR Senior Member

First Name:
    James
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    I started slipping when I went to a TSP Stage 2 tune. It's tolerable if I don't floor it. But knowing that I'm slipping at 60% throttle in 3rd gear, I definitely need to get a new clutch soon. It's still very drivable (and plenty spirited for me), but I just can't get all the love this car has for me to the wheels.