_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 19 Si it was stock till i hit 8k miles so it was fairly short. I been on Ktuner basemaps for 6 months now after being on it i noticed more chatter in the flywheel. I do have the TSP stage 1 tune but havent uploaded for the reason being of my clutch burning out. Bearly reaching a year in a couple weeks & i already wanna buy a new clutch. Any recommendations besides Clutchmasters? I feel like its the same as having an oem dual mass flywheel.... i hear nothing but bad reviews on clutchmaster having chatter.
Sponsored

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a 19 Si it was stock till i hit 8k miles so it was fairly short. I been on Ktuner basemaps for 6 months now after being on it i noticed more chatter in the flywheel. I do have the TSP stage 1 tune but havent uploaded for the reason being of my clutch burning out. Bearly reaching a year in a couple weeks & i already wanna buy a new clutch. Any recommendations besides Clutchmasters? I feel like its the same as having an oem dual mass flywheel.... i hear nothing but bad reviews on clutchmaster having chatter.
If you want OEM quality, I'd highly recommend Exedy's clutch kit. ACT also has a good reputation. Have never heard of clutchmasters before civicx.
They must be popular because they were the only choice if you wanted a performance clutch. If ACT, Clutchmasters, and Exedy come out around the same time, ACT and Exedy would have been the dominant choice.

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Mine is starting to slip a bit at 9K miles on the ktuner 19.5/21.5 tune, so I've been going down the rabbit hole as well. Considering the Exedy stage 1 option since it should feel very much like stock, but it's a unsprung clutch, so it really should be used w/ the stock flywheel. Not sure if I can reuse my stock flywheel (yes, I know you normally replace the flywheel as well, but w/ only 9K miles, I'd like to think it should be OK). ACT would be a good option too, although if I was replacing the flywheel as well, I'd probably pony up for the CTR retrofit.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Jesús Christ lol... I'm at 40k with the stock clutch... Not tuned though so I guess that helps lol. You guys are scaring the crap out of me. Kinda wanted to buy ktuner this year.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had my 19 si since June, 7k on it now and it started slipping around 6k. I do have tsp1, prl dp/fp, depo fmic, prl intake and I do a lot of spirited driving.

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you want OEM quality, I'd highly recommend Exedy's clutch kit. ACT also has a good reputation. Have never heard of clutchmasters before civicx.
They must be popular because they were the only choice if you wanted a performance clutch. Had ACT, Clutchmasters, and Exedy come out around the same time, ACT and Exedy would have been the dominant choice.
I was thinking with ACT or the type r clutch with the single flywheel. Ive had exedy & i go thru that clutch in a year or less.

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Jesús Christ lol... I'm at 40k with the stock clutch... Not tuned though so I guess that helps lol. You guys are scaring the crap out of me. Kinda wanted to buy ktuner this year.
Some drivers wear out the clutch faster than others. I often see manual drivers lugging engines, riding clutches, and shifting like they're in a race car in normal traffic.

Sometimes I feel like nearly half the manual drivers don't know how to properly drive manual. What surprises me the most is the amount of people on these forums that actually lug their engines. The fact that they notice clutch slipping while lugging means that lugging is part of their driving habit.

TLDR; clutch will last as long as every other car, if driven properly

OP
OP
_.berr

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Mine is starting to slip a bit at 9K miles on the ktuner 19.5/21.5 tune, so I've been going down the rabbit hole as well. Considering the Exedy stage 1 option since it should feel very much like stock, but it's a unsprung clutch, so it really should be used w/ the stock flywheel. Not sure if I can reuse my stock flywheel (yes, I know you normally replace the flywheel as well, but w/ only 9K miles, I'd like to think it should be OK). ACT would be a good option too, although if I was replacing the flywheel as well, I'd probably pony up for the CTR retrofit.
I would swap out that flywheel. Dual mass + a basemap tune can cause alot of chatter = you need a new flywheel soon

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I would swap out that flywheel. Dual mass + a basemap tune can cause alot of chatter = you need a new flywheel soon
Even if I'm not necessarily noticing any chatter?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Been running the base 23 PSI map for almost 9 months/12K. No chatter. No slip. Holds strong at all RPMs.

Things that I believe help:
  • No WOT from a dig
  • No WOT under 3K RPMs
  • No excessive slip between gears (rev match downshifts, engage clutch at low RPM from a stop, etc)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Some drivers wear out the clutch faster than others. I often see manual drivers lugging engines, riding clutches, and shifting like they're in a race car in normal traffic.

Sometimes I feel like nearly half the manual drivers don't know how to properly drive manual. What surprises me the most is the amount of people on these forums that actually lug their engines. The fact that they notice clutch slipping while lugging means that lugging is part of their driving habit.

TLDR; clutch will last as long as every other car, if driven properly
I agree that this forum definitely does have a lot of people who sound like they can't drive manuals to save their lives but the number of people complaining about the clutch life on the Si kinda worries me. My last clutch lasted 175k and died with the car that was totalled in an accident. Still had life in it. Even though I clearly know how to drive, I worry this one won't last half as long.

I hope I'm wrong.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Exedy doesnt have a sprung option for our cars. I woulsnt reccomend it. Go with the act or type r retrofit

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Exedy doesnt have a sprung option for our cars. I woulsnt reccomend it. Go with the act or type r retrofit
Yeah, that's why I was only considering it in conjunction w/ the stock DMF.

mtlsi

First Name
just
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
30 000km ( 19 000 miles) tsp stage 1 running map 3 every day clutch is fine, i think the way this car shift whit the clutch delay valve make it easy for some people to ride the clutch involuntary..... i do push the car every day but no lugging, no wot under 3500 4000 if im not in first gear
Sponsored